Anger and Forgiveness

Blake's P.O.V

It was first period and I walked into the classroom with anger seeping in my veins. Every part of me was pissed that Sapphire was going on that date, and after Linx had told me what Sapphire told him, I was even angrier. It ticked me off that she knew exactly how to push my buttons. I wish she would grow up and realize that I'm only protecting her because she is like ... like ... like a sister to me. Seeing her with a guy, and him staring at her as if she was a piece of meat, really makes me want to punch a wall.

Something in my mind told me that one day she will have to find someone, get married ... and have children. Yet, it wasn't going to be on my watch, not if I could help it.

"Blake!"

Looking to my side I saw Alicia sitting down next to me. Her green eyes were staring directly at me.

"Hey." I solemnly replied.

"So, rumor is spreading that you and Sapphire aren't friends anymore. Is that true?" Alicia asked me with sincerity.

I knew that she was one of the few people in this school that actually cared about what was going on between Sapphire and I because she was one of our friends.We had all been friends since we were kids. I guess you could blame our friendship on our parents; mine and Sapphire's mom and Hope Williams (Alicia's mom) with how close the three are.

"No, we're still friends. Sapphire is just angry at me. I can't believe she thought she'd be able to go behind my back on a date, thinking I wouldn't find out!" I hissed.

Alicia gave me a smile. "Why would it matter if she went on a date? You two are just friends, right?"

"Yes! What else would we be?!"

I watched Alicia roll her eyes at me.

"Sometimes I just want to hit you over the head, Blake."

My lips parted because I was about to ask her what she meant by that, but the teacher's loud, squeaky voice made me shut my mouth.

The first three classes I had were: English 4, French 4, and Chemistry, which were very basic introduction classes. I seemed to always find myself tuning out the teachers that thought we cared about what they had to say and focused on Sapphire and how I was going to ruin her date.

By fourth period, I still had no idea what I was going to do. This led me to walk into class (AP Studio Art) with a lazy stroll. My eyes flickered around the chaotic classroom as I first came in. The teacher was a man. About six feet tall, and he had an almost white colored hair. His long legs were racing around the room as he picked up different art supplies and placed them where I was assuming was their designated bins.

I decided, after examining the teacher, to take a seat at a random table. I allowed my backpack to slip off my shoulder and fall to the floor, not really caring how it landed.

Suddenly, I got an overwhelming feeling to look at the classroom door, and in doing so, I saw Sapphire.

She came in with a grumpy expression etched on her face. Her long, curly locks of hair were pulled back in a messy bun, which is something she tends to do when she is upset.

I intently followed her movements with my eyes on her as she came into the room, and absent-mindedly took a seat next to me.

Her brown eyes looked over at me and she gave a sudden huff and got up out of her seat. Sapphire marched herself over to another table, catty-corner to mine. The sound of her foot, irritatedly tapping on the floor, permeated throughout the room as kids filed in one by one.

I kept my eyes on her, waiting for the split second that she would look my way.

After what seemed like a lifetime, her eyes glanced over in my direction.

All too suddenly, I stuck out my tongue and bulged out my eyes.

She looked at me for a few seconds, and like music to my ears, she gave out a small, but audible giggle.

A sly smile fell on my face, as I picked up my bag and made my way to her table.

She removed her Hello Kitty backpack from the seat beside her and allowed me to sit next to her.

I pulled her blue, plastic chair so close to mine that it was touching. Looping my arm around her neck, I gave her a cheeky smile. With my free hand, I reached over and flicked her nose.

"Hey!" She whined.

I gave a toothy grin, then tuned in the teacher that started to talk about the class ... and it was at that moment that I knew she wasn't so mad at me anymore.