You Shouldn't Have To Wait For Anyone...

Sapphire's P.O.V

"Slept in again?" I asked Skyler as he lazily came in and took a seat next to me.

Everything about him screamed lack of sleep. When he looked over at me, I noticed that his eyes were a little puffy, which I knew to mean Skyler had just woken up. His hair looked uncombed and all in all, he just looked as if he didn't want to be here. "I'm on time, aren't I?" Skyler asked me as he ruffled his blond hair some more.

"Actually, you are five minutes late. Mr. Lockhart, however, had to run to the office." I informed Skyler. "So, you don't have to get a detention slip."

"Oh... Cool... Wait, don't we have detention tomorrow after school because of yesterday?"

I thought about it for a minute. "Oh shit, yeah, we do."

"... So, what you been up to?" Skyler randomly asked me.

I exhaled loudly as I pulled myself out of my thoughts. "Nothing much, you?"

His green eyes stared straight into mine as he gave off a toothy grin. "Nothing new. What are your plans for this weekend?"

I looked down at my desk and began to think about what he asked when it came to my plans for this weekend. "I don't have any plans, but if I know my friends... Wait, I mean, if I know Blake, I will not be alone and bored this weekend."

Chuckling Skyler shook his head. "I've never understood him."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I looked at Skyler. "What do you mean?"

Scratching the back of his neck, Skyler shook his head. "Never mind."

"No, what you said meant something... What was it?"

Looking directly at me with his piercing green eyes, Skyler started to lean a little towards me. After a second his face was inches from mine. I could practically smell the scent of peppermint toothpaste coming out of his mouth as he spoke. "He is so protective of you and acts like a fool in love. Yet, he has never been able to grow any balls and to ask you out. Which leads you into a never ending spiral staircase of whether or not he likes you? And the truth is, the boy probably does have feelings for you but is afraid to say it. But, you see Sapphire, you shouldn't wait for him to say so. You need to move on and not be like a fish in a frozen pond."

Raising an eyebrow and grinning, I spoke. "Oh, yeah? And just who do you think I should wait for then?"

"That's the thing Sapphire; you shouldn't have to wait for anyone," Skyler told me as his hot breath fanned my face. A wide smile etched its way onto his face right when the teacher walked in and started talking about some essay we had to do before the end of the week.

Skyler settled back in his seat immediately and never looked back over my way the whole class period. Part of me started to wonder if Skyler had a thing for me, because his closeness and meaningful words were kinda, flirty?

But I shook that thought out of my head. I mean how self-centered could I be, if I go around thinking every guy that is nice to me might like me?