Routine

Sapphire P.O.V

Blake's mom rolled her eyes as she saw all of us walk into the kitchen. She gave a huff and bounced Naomi on her hip. "I told you all to go to bed early last night." Mrs. Dazer commented as she walked over to the microwave and pulled out some bacon.

"No bay-can!" Naomi whined as her mom sat the plate of bacon on the counter.

Mrs. Dazer looked at her daughter that was giving a fake teary eyed look. "I know, I know, you want cereal!" Mrs. Dazer placed Naomi in her high chair and then proceed to parade around the large kitchen to get Naomi's cereal ready.

Everyone seemed not to pay attention to Mrs. Dazer and Naomi as they walked in and picked from the bacon plate.

Skyler opened the fridge, like he owned the place, and grabbed a bottle of orange juice. He proceeded to open it and try to drink from the carton, but Mrs. Dazer caught him and shooed him away. He greedily held on to the carton and walked away.

Alicia was standing over by the coffee maker, watching the maker as it dripped the last of the coffee. Once it was done, she poured herself a huge cup of coffee, then escaped to the living room.

Carmen, however, had a guilty look etched out on her face as she seemed to be watching Mrs. Dazer frantically search through the cabinet for something.

"Has anyone seen Naomi's cereal?" Mrs. Dazer finally asked.

Carmen looked straight down at the floor like a cowering dog.

Mrs. Dazer looked right at her. "Carmen? Where is the cereal?"

"I-I-I ... I ate it." She muttered.

Sighing loudly, Mrs. Dazer's eyes flickered to her daughter. "How about some yummy oatmeal?"

Naomi gave her mom an 'are-you-crazy' look. "No, mez want cereal!" Her five-year-old voice seeped into a whine.

Blake, who I guess was standing behind me, walked around me and went over to his whiny sister. "You are getting oatmeal, squirt."

Naomi huffed and shook her head. "No!"

"Yes, now stop whining or you will not play video games with me tonight."

Like a lightning bolt had struck her, Naomi sat up straight in her high chair and smiled. "Want oatmeal! Now!" She cheered on.

Her mom chuckled before running around the kitchen in search of the oatmeal, all the while murmuring about how she hoped one of us hadn't eaten it.

Carmen seemed to have gotten over the guilt of eating Naomi's cereal, and she was instead racing over to the fridge and pulling out a bottle of caramel coffee creamer. With twinkling, mischievous eyes she got some coffee and made a mad dash to the living room.

Blake's dad soon came in with a smile planted on his face. He gave his wife a peck on the cheek before facing Blake and I. "I swore when I went to bed, there were more of you," he stated.

Blake scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah, the rest are in the living room."

Mr. Dazer nodded and looked at me. "Good morning Sapphire."

"Good morning Mr. Dazer."

Glaring at me in a teasing manner, Blake's dad spoke. "I'm not going to tell you again, call me Troy. I keep thinking of my father when you call me that."

"Oh! Hey, Mr. Dazer!" Skyler said as he came in.

Grabbing the steaming hot coffee mug his wife handed him, Mr. Dazer shook his head. "I give up."