Web of Love and Lies

Semi-Unedited

Sapphire's  P.O.V

“Sapphire, can I borrow your car?” An annoying voice asked as it interrupted my deep sleep.

Lifting my head up from the pillow, I glanced over at my alarm clock. It was ten o’clock on a Saturday; I was thinking of a thousand ways to kill Linx for waking me up. Looking at my door, I saw him leaning against the door frame. For someone who was drunk as hell last night, he was showing no sign of a hangover. I envied Linx; he had that ability to not get hangovers. I remember a last year we went to party on a Wednesday ... mind you we had school the next day (don’t ask me why some idiot planned a party on a Wednesday, but they did). Linx and I got so drunk, but somehow that boy managed to get up the next morning and go to school ... all while the toilet became my best friend that day.  

“Go away,” I muttered in a groggy tone before burying my face into my white pillow.

“Please! I promised to take Carmen out today. Mom is already gone to work, so she can’t drop us off,” he whined.

Moving my head a little, I looked at him once more. “How the hell did you get Carmen up this early, especially with the hangover she probably has?”

Smiling he choose not to reply to my question.

“Fine! My keys are in the key bowl by the front door,” I informed him.

“Thanks, Sis,” with that said he raced out of the room.

I nodded but then realized he was long gone to see me nod. Rolling over, I cocooned myself in my warm covers. I smiled in contentment and then closed my eyes.

I could hear everything as I laid in bed. I could hear the car start from the driveway. The birds outside my window were chirping louder than ever, and my neighbors, from what I could tell, picked today -- out of all days -- to do their yard work. Grunting, I grabbed a pillow beside me and placed it over my ears. My hope was to drown out the sound of the lawn mower and weed eater that was buzzing me to a sleepless morning.

It took me all of two long minute -- I counted, it was two minutes -- before I realized sleep was not going to happen for me. Removing my pillow from my ear, I sat up.

“Guess I have to get ready for the day,” I stated to myself before getting out of my bed.

Walking into the kitchen, I pulled up my unbrushed brown hair into a loose bun. I gazed over the kitchen and saw that there was a tea kettle on the stove. Deciding that some green tea sounded really good, I poured some fresh water in the kettle and turned on the stove. While the water was heating up I went in the cabinets and got myself my favorite mug. It was a huge mug that was black and had white polka dots all over it. I had gotten it a few years back from Blake. It was during my polka dot phase.

I tried not to laugh at the mere memory of that stage in my life. Everything I had and I mean everything was polka dots. My comforter, carpet, walls, alarm clock, toothbrush, shower curtain, cloths, backpack, pencils, shoes ... you get the point.

The second the kettle gave a loud whistle. I took it off the stove and poured the boiling water into the mug that I’d placed a green tea bag in. Allowing the tea to steep, I made myself some Frosted Flakes cereal.

Halfway through eating my cereal and enjoying my tea I heard the obnoxious tone of my phone sounding off from my room. Placing my spoon back in the bowl, I went to my room and fetched my phone.

Looking at the caller I.D I saw it was Joshua. I bit my bottom lip, wondering if I should answer his call. Finally, before it went to voicemail I answered. “Hello?” My voice was met by silence for a few seconds.