Cancellations and Sudden Ideas

Sapphire's P.O.V

By lunchtime, Blake seemed to be over the whole date thing I had going. It was actually surprising to me that he had not said one word about it. Yet, in the back of my mind I knew he was waiting for the perfect time to tell me how he believes: I shouldn't and wouldn't be going on my date with William.

"I got a Coca-Cola and pepperoni pizza for you," Blake said as he placed a red food tray in front of me.

My eyes flickered over to his tray to see a Dr. Pepper and hamburger. "Why did you get me a Coca Cola? I like Dr. Pepper more." I told him as I switched out our drinks.

"You get what you get and you don't throw a fit ... Plus this was the last Dr. Pepper." Blake exclaimed as he grabbed his drink off my tray, and placed it back on his.

Narrowing my eyes at him, I gave a small growl. "Give me the Dr. Pepper and no one gets hurt." I hissed.

Blake threw me an 'as-if' look. "You are not getting this Dr. Pepper," He told me as he opened the can.

"Blakie, if you dare take one sip of that, I will not even blink before I stab you with my plastic fork." I threatened.

"I would give her the drink," Linx said as he sat down beside me at the lunch table. His blue eyes were focused on Blake, waiting to see if he would listen.

Blake slowly lifted the can to his mouth, and as he did so I glared heavily at him. When the Dr. Pepper can touched his lips, he looked at me.

"I will kill you." I venomously warned.

He smiled and handed me his drink. "Here, sissy."

I gave him a grin of happiness and began to chug down the cool, fizzy drink.

Blake ruffled my hair and smirked. "You're such a baby."

I sat the half-empty drink on the table and rolled my brown eyes. "I'm not a baby." I spat.

"Stop arguing, Sapphire, and just admit that you are a big, whiny, baby." Carmen proclaimed as she took a seat at the table.

Linx looked over at her. "What does that make you?" He asked Carmen with an ironic grin.

Carmen narrowed her eyes at Linx. "Shut up."

Like usual, everyone fell silent and we all started eating.

When I was finished, my eyes flickered over to Blake. His eyes had a glossed over look, and he seemed to be staring off into space. I took that moment to really allow myself to just stare at him ... I kept thinking about why the hell Blake doesn't like me...

Not all the cute guys in the school seemed to change my mind about how I feel when it come to Blake. It irked me, though, the way he seemed to be able to reel me in, and then continuous say I was like a sister to him.

A sister!

I'm not even in the friend zone, nope, I am in the sister zone. Which makes me completely and utterly screwed.

I realized I was never going to be with him, and with that it felt like a ton of bricks had been placed on my chest. Looking away from him, I knew that I should leave the table before anyone notices my tearful eyes.

Getting up, I grabbed my tray and quickly turned around. My legs soon carried me over to a trash can, where I disposed of the paper plate and empty Dr. Pepper can. I'd fully intended on walking past the trashcan, dropping off my tray and leaving the cafeteria ... but, I didn't even take one step away from the bin when a figure walked up to me.

"Hey, Sapphire!"

I gazed over at William. He walked over to me with a bright smile. "Oh, hey." I blinked a few times, hoping that my watery eyes would look normal.

"So, are we still on for tonight?" William asked me.

My head snapped over in the direction of my table to see Blake's cold eyes staring straight at us. Blake's eyes locked with mine, and I felt a sudden anger vibe coming off of him. Shaking it off, I glanced back at William. "...I'm ... I'm sorry William, but I have to cancel." I replied in a solemn voice.

William's green eyes stared down at me. "Oh ... Okay." He spoke as he ran his hand through his blond hair. Suddenly, as if he didn't want to be near me, William walked away.

I stood there for what felt like a lifetime before realizing that the reason I canceled on William was so I could be with Blake tonight.

An idea formed in my head ... What if ... What if tonight I finally come clean?

What if tonight, I tell Blake how I feel?

A toothy grin found my face, for it was decided ... tonight, I was going to admit my feelings to Blake!