Give Me One Chance...

Sapphire's P.O.V

"You are probably wondering why I demanded you come here." Alicia stated as she forced me to sit in her desk chair.

"I wasn't, until you forced me out of my car, into your house and practically shoved me in this chair. But, now you got me curious."

A smile found Alicia's face before she shook it off. "You are here because next Friday there is a dance."

I stood up at her words. "Yeah. I'm so out of here. Call Carmen if you want to rave about the dance." My legs carried me over to her door, but when I opened it, I was faced with a person, who was carrying so much clothes that it covered their face.

"Little help here?" I heard a voice I knew to be Carmen.

Looking around the clothes she held, I saw her face. "What are all of these?" I asked.

She rolling her eyes over in my direction she spoke. "Dresses. Now, move outta my way or help me carry these, because I'm dying here!"

Scooting my body away from the doorway, I allowed her passage.

Carmen walked in and dashed straight over to the bed, which she dumped all the dresses on.

"Well, I can see you all have a lot of deciding to do, between dresses and dates... I am outta here!" I chirped in a joyous voice.

Both of them looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"These dresses aren't for us, Sapphire." Alicia stated.

Realization couldn't have come at a better time. I thought sarcastically.

It was an ambush.

With wide eyes, I backed away from the two that slowly made their way to me.

"Please cooperate with us... it will make life easier." Carmen said with a devilish twinkle in her eyes.

***

"Is this really necessary?" I asked as they applied make-up on me. "I mean, the dance is not until next Friday! Why do you have to do my hair and makeup now?" I whined.

Carmen placed the hair straighter on Alicia's desk and pulled out a granola bar. Her brown eyes looked at me before taking a huge bite. With her mouth full she replied. "'Cause, it's fun."

I saw Alicia give Carmen a pointed look, and I started to wonder if something else was going on.

"There! All done!" Alicia said. Her bony hands wrapped around my wrist and she pulled me out of the chair. "Come look in the mirror!"

I stood tall in front of the full body length mirror. Shock was an understatement as I stared at my reflection.

My once curly brown hair was straight and reached down to the middle of my stomach. Carmen and Alicia had me in a red cocktail dress that reached mid thigh. Black, high heels were on my feet, giving me the appearance of being three inches taller than I actually was. My makeup was simple with plain mascara and grey eyeshadow.

"This can't be me." I mumbled.

"It is, and might I say, you look stunning." A male voice said from behind me.

Turning around I was faced with Skyler. He gave me a warm smile.

It was then that I noticed he was dressed in a tuxedo and had a red rose in his hand. His shaggy blond hair looked a tad bit trimmed and combed. All in all, he looked dressed up and happy...

Looking around the room, I noted that Alicia and Carmen were nowhere in sight.

"They didn't do this for the dance next Friday... Did they?" I questioned.

Skyler had a guilty look on his face before he spoke. "No... They didn't... I just wanted... To go on one date with you..."

I sighed and gave Skyler a saddened look. "But, Skyler... I'm-"

Cutting me off, he shook his head. "I know you like Blake. Trust me, I heard it a thousand times when Alicia and Carmen helped me plan this date. But, just give me one date! One chance to show you that I'm better then him for you! Please." Skyler pleaded as he got down on his knees.

I chuckled and grinned... "One chance! That is it!"

He gave me a smirk and got off the ground. "You won't regret it! I promise!"

Something told me I would...