Opening My Eyes

Sapphire's P.O.V

"Wakey, wakey," a smooth, deep voice stated.

Peering my eyes open I saw Blake's face right in front of mine. I rubbed my tired eyes and looked at the alarm clock by my bed. "How did you get in my house at four in the morning?" I asked when I noted that my bedroom window was closed, and the curtains looked untouched.

"Your mom gave me a house key, a few days ago," Blake stated as he dangled a key in front of my face. "Now, get up and get packed."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I gave Blake a confused look, "packed? What for?"

Giving me a smile, he pinched my cheek, "I told you at school on Thursday that my family is going to the lake house, and you are coming with us."

"Lakehouse?! It's the middle of fall; I refuse to swim when it's so cold out!" I spoke.

"Who says we're going swimming? Now, get out of bed," Blake exclaimed as he got off my bed and turned on my overhead light.

I shook my head and threw the covers over my face. "No, it's four in the morning, I wanna sleep!" My voice seeped into an argue.

The sound of Blake groaning could be heard throughout the room, "Sapphire, don't make me pull those covers off you!" He challenged.

With my face hidden under the warmth of the blankets, I smiled. "Please, Blakie, don't do that to me, I'm awfully tired."

"Too bad, if I have to endure a three-hour drive, with my parents and Naomi singing the 'Wheels on the Bus', then by golly you are coming with me!" He stated and then ripped the covers off my bed.

I laid there in my underwear and shirt that I knew showed way too much of my legs. By the way Blake was looking at me -- with hungry eyes --- I had full knowledge I needed to change.

Sitting up, I allowed my legs to dangle off the edge of the bed. "Why couldn't you let me sleep?" I whined and then went to my chestier drawer. I pulled out a random band tee and some sweat pants.

"Just get ready, and stop complaining," Blake demanded.

Scurrying off to the bathroom, I placed my clothes on the counter. I started to debate on if I should take a shower or not, and finally I decided, if he woke me up this early that I had every right to be slow.

Turning on the hot water, I waited for it to cool some. I took off my clothes and hopped into the shower. The water immediately woke me up, but also gave me a warming sense, that made me want to never leave. Even after washing off, I stayed under the calming heated water. That is until I heard the bathroom door open up.

"Okay, so I have packed the clothes you will need, just to give you more time in the shower," I heard Blake state.

I froze in the tub, wondering if he would even dare to open the shower curtains.

Suddenly a sound, almost like a harsh waterfall noise permeated throughout the room. "Blake!!! Are you peeing while I am in the shower?!"

"What can I say? I had to take a piss," he replied.

I face palmed myself and the shrugged my shoulders in relief that he hadn't opened the curtains. "Get out!"

"Let me zip up," he proclaimed. "That is unless-"

"Blake! Don't finish that sentence! Get out!" I shouted.

I heard him chuckle and flush the toilet. Before I could open my mouth to tell him not to flush, cold, freezing cold water cascaded over me. "Blake! We have an electric heater! When you flush the damn toilet the shower gets cold! You know better!" I exclaimed as the chilling water continued to beat down on me.

"Oops, so I guess if I turn on the sink to wash my hands you will get a cold shower."

I tried not to shatter my teeth as I became really cold, "yes!"

"Well, it seems you have yourself in a predicament," Blake said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Rolling my eyes, I felt the water start to warm up again. "I'm not going to say this again! Leave! So I can get out!"

"Why didn't you come to my house last night? You said after going to Skyler's you would come over to my house and gush about how it was just two friends hanging out."

Sighing I placed my hand on my forehead. "I forgot to come over," I lied. "Now, please Blake, leave!"

"I don't believe you forgot to come over."

"Blake, I am getting cold..."

"... Did you kiss Skyler?"