Halloween - Part 3 (Second Chance)

Dedicated to artificialxroyalty: made me a cover!

Look at it >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sapphire's P.O.V

Sitting on the couch, I quickly took off my wings before setting them next to my cell phone and keys. The more I sat there the more I longed to heard the click of the front door. The clock on my phone reminded me that it had been an hour and a half since I ran out of the restaurant. Sighing, I realized that Joshua was taking his sweet time coming home. Meaning he didn’t know I was here and wasn’t concerned with Lily being here alone with Noah.

Giving out another loud exhale, I allowed relief to sink in, Noah was safe. He was in his crib, sleeping. Just then I suppressed all thoughts of Noah to the back of my mind and begun to think about all the things I was going to say to Joshua when he gets home. Without a doubt I knew half the words that would flood out of my mouth were going to be cuss words. Words that my mother, still to this day, would force me wash my mouth out with bitter rose soap if she heard me speaking them. But, I had a right to chew Joshua out...

Reclining back on the leather couch I propped my feet up on the wooden table before me. All too soon, I found myself relaxing to the noiseless house. Thoughts of Joshua melted from my mind as my eyes gradually became heavy.

***

Something warm slid under my neck and legs, within a few seconds I could feel it lifting me up. Cracking open my eyes, I saw Joshua looking down at me. “I am going to take you to my bed, so you can sleep comfortably. Just go back to sleep,” he whispered.

Every inch of my body wanted to do nothing more than to allow Joshua to carry me to a bed and go back to sleep. Yet, I knew I couldn’t let him. Placing my left palm over my eyes, I rubbed them and then fully awoke.

“Josh, put me down,” I stated in a more alert state.

I could feel him stop walking. After a brief moment my feet were touching the ground. Standing up straight, I maneuvered myself to face Joshua. Looking at him I saw concern etched out on his face. Studying Joshua a little bit longer, I even saw a hint of fear clouding his eyes. He was afraid of what I was going to say ... And he should be. "Sapphire-" Joshua began to speak but I held up my hand, stopping Joshua from saying anymore.

"Josh! Do you not care about your son?!" I half shouted at him.

Looking directly at me, I saw pure anger flash in his brown eyes. "Of course I care about him! He is my son."

"Then why would you let her stay here? She is a drug addict!"

"She is clean."

"Like that makes a difference!"

"What is the matter Sapphire? Do you have something against druggies that get clean? Don't you think they need another shot?" Joshua asked me. Suddenly, I realized he wasn't talking about Lily.