Epilogue - Part Two (20 Years Later)

(You are reading this at your own will. No one is forcing you to read this, so please don't get mad if it didn't turn out the way you wanted. I hope you in some way will love it!!!)

20 YEARS LATER

Carmen’s P.O.V

“I’m home!” A deep melodic voice said from the front door.

I looked up from the book I was reading and smiled at the sight of Linx. He was dressed in a form fitting suit and had his black hair slicked back. “How did you meeting go today at work?” I asked as I placed the book on the wooden table before me.

Coming in the room, Linx allowed his shoulders to shag. “Good, I talked with my boss and they are going to promote me to Vice President. My new position will not start for a few more months though.”

“Oh! Congrats! I knew you would get it!” I exclaimed as I leaped off the couch and engulfed him in a tight hug.

“I’m leaving!” A voice sounded from the entrance hall.

“Where exactly do you think you are going?” Linx asked, Ink before he could even leave the house.

“I’m headed to the Mash, our band is playing tonight,” Ink replied as he looked at his father and me for his final ‘okay’ to go.

“The Mash? What kind of place is that? Sound dangerous … I don’t know…” Linx said as he took off his suit jacket and undid his tie.  

Grumbling, Ink rolled his eyes, “Dad, it is not dangerous! Plus, I am sixteen-“

“This is exactly why I am worried that this ‘Mash’ place is not the safest place. Who will be there that I know?”

“I invited Aunt Alicia and Johnny to come,” Ink quickly replied.

“Really? You invited your mother’s best friends but not your parents?” Linx asked in slight disbelief.

“You know the only reason I invited them was because Johnny is a music manager. He said he would come and if my band was good, he might consider managing us.”

“When were you going to inform your mother and I of this?” My husband question.

Ink ruffled his raven colored hair, “Ummm, when Johnny wanted to sign us.”

“Oh, nice, you were going to wait till the last minute to inform your parents about a signing for a manager.” Linx sigh in frustration.

I saw Ink was about to speak but a loud cry pierced the air around us. I grunted knowing that that meant Bella was up from her nap, which means she was hungry and cranky.

“Carmen, get Bella fed and dressed. We will drop her off at my mom’s house. She is off today and will watch Bella.”