Should Have Said It Sooner...

SKYLER'S P.O.V

The dim lit room couldn't have held much more silence. It was tense, and I knew my dad could sense the anger rolling off of me as he sat on the sofa, right next to the chair I was planted in.

Knowing I need to break the silence, I exhaled loudly. "I kissed her! I mean! Kissed her!" I bitterly stated in pure outrage at not only myself but my father.

My dad gave me a horrid look, before composing himself. Guilt was present on his sharp-jawed face as he spoke. "I-I guess you can blame me, son, I never told you..."

"Yeah, you freaking let it slip that I was related to Sapphire! I kissed my cousin." Suddenly, I felt disgusted with myself. Not only had I kissed my cousin, which I didn't know was my cousin ... but I started to have feelings for her.

It was wrong, downright wrong I tell you!

It really ticked me off that Father was just now coming clean about being Sapphire's mom, half brother.

"What is going on here?" My sister, Alicia, asked as she walked into the living room. Her eyes flickered between us in curiosity.

"Nothing." My father told her with a solemn look. He stared aimlessly at the coffee table with him knowing that what had transpired between Sapphire and I was his entire fault.

Alicia looked quizzically at Dad, before turning to look at me for answers.

I shook my head at her. "Might as well tell her. She has a right to know."

Glancing at Alicia, Dad sighed. "When I was young ... I found out that Savvy, Sapphire's mom, was my half sister. Savvy doesn't know this, and obviously Sapphire doesn't either ... But ... It seems my secret needs to be told because Skyler has ... Well let's just say, Skyler has taken a liking to Sapphire."

Alicia's face flashed with an expression of fright. "But... But that means..."

"Sapphire is our cousin..." I muttered in a low voice.

______________________________________________________

Blake's P.O.V

Staring at the ceiling, I mentally cursed at myself. I'd never intended to come here, and kiss Sapphire senseless. Yet, her eyes, lips, and whole body seemed to beckon me. Almost like a fly in a deadly trance with a light...

Smiling, I remembered the way she wasn't afraid of moaning and show me she liked our passionate kisses.

In a way, I was thankful that her brother came banging on her door, for the simple fact I'm not sure I would have been able to stop.

Gazing down, I saw Sapphire's closed eyelids. She was giving off soft snores and body warmth as she cuddled to my side with her head and one arm resting on my chest. I couldn't help but think she looked so peaceful with her delicate looking plump rosy cheeks.

Looking away from her, I gave off a small sigh.

What was I going to do? ... Because I think it was official: I was addicted to Sapphire, not just in an emotional sense, but physically ... In a tiny way, I feel as if it's wrong to have the feelings I've got towards her. I've always seen Sapphire as a little sister, one I had to protect. Never did I see Sapphire as I do now: tantalizing.

I chuckled at the memory of almost telling Sapphire I was starting to think I liked her. Instead, I covered it up with saying I like the rain. But, what got me was the fact she knew very well I lied and then muttered she liked the rain too... What if she knew what I was going to say? And felt the same way?

Mentally shaking my head, I thought that couldn't be right... Sapphire didn't know... No... Maybe?

Oh great, what if she does know I might I like her?

Shit.

What if she didn't feel the same and was just messing with me?

I've known her to be a teasing devil, but this ... Would she?

Then again, my mind buzzed with the memory of about three months ago, when Sapphire muttered in her sleep: 'I'm in love with you, Blake'. I can still remember the next morning after I told her what she had said in her sleep ... Sapphire, of course, brushed it off and told me that I must have misheard her ... But right now, more than ever, I thought that I didn't mishear her...

I convinced myself at that moment that Sapphire must like me... And when we woke up in the morning, I was going to take our relationship to the next level...

My eyes flickered over to her alarm clock, and I noticed that it was twelve at night. Closing my eyes, I attempted to go to sleep knowing we had to get up for school in less than seven hours.

***

Grow some balls! Say it!

I blinked as my eyes stayed on Sapphire, who was eating some Coco Pebbles cereal.

Looking over at me, she raised an eyebrow. "Do I have something on my face?" She asked as she wiped her mouth with the cuff of her shirt.

Shaking my head, I spoke. "No... Uhhh, Sapphire?"

Halting her attempts to finish her cereal, Sapphire's big, brown eyes glanced over at me. "Yeah?"

This is it! Say It!

Thunder sounded from outside, and I closed my eyes for a split second. "... Ummm, how about this weather we are having?" I asked as I opened my eyes.

Silently, I was having a mental breakdown.

Why?! Every time I go to tell her, I'm starting to like her, I talk about the weather?! The freaking weather!!!

"Are you okay Blake? You look like you are freaking out about something." Sapphire stated as she gave me an analyzing expression.

Swallowing, I nodded. "I'm fine ... Truth is ... I really... Want the sun to come out."

Fuck! Again!

Mouth, stop talking about the weather! Tell her!

Sapphire cracked a smile. "You really are interested in the weather, aren't you?"

If only...

"No, I am not... It's just that ... You see ... I hope I don't have to drive in this rain..."

"Oh, so, you are scared of driving in the rain?" She joked with a wide smile.

"No... I... I... Sapphire, I -" I stood up and started to pace as I tried to formulate the words in my brain... Shit, this was going to be harder than I thought, I said as I looked into her brown eyes.