Reading The Signs

Sapphire's P.O.V

"...You like...?" I quizzed moving my head so I could get a better view of his face.

His green eyes bore down on me, and it was then I wondered if he could see into my soul. If he could see that, I wanted nothing more than to place his warm lips on mine. Blake cleared his throat and replied, "I... Like... The rain." he admitted with a sheepish smile. His tone hinted that he was lying or hiding something.

Raising an eyebrow, I rested my head back on his chest. "That is all you have to say?" I asked as slight disappointment coursed through me.

I wanted – expected – to hear something else...

Blake inhaled, which made his chest raise. "Yeah... That was it..." He muttered as his eyes glanced at my window seal.

I lay there, frozen, and in doing so, I heard the faint beat of his heart underneath his green cotton shirt. I nestled my head closer to the sound beating in his chest. All of a sudden it clicked with me. "Blake..."

"Yes?"

"I like... The rain too."

I could all but hear the smile spread on his face.

His hand gripped my chin, forcing me to look at him. Blake's eyes looked away from mine and stared directly at my lips. Leaning in, I knew what he was going for.

Sealing our lips together, I scooted up on the bed, to get better access to his tantalizing mouth. But when I did so, Blake moved me under him, and he hovered over me with a wicked grin.

Not allowing him to speak, I kissed him as I placed my hand on the back of his head, drawing him in more.

The heat of our bodies clashing together made me feel as if I need to take off the Metro Station band tee, but I knew that I shouldn't. For the make-out session that we were currently tangled in was far enough.

As if my body didn't agree, I felt a burning heat grow and grow as Blake placed his mouth on my neck.

Out of breath and in total amazement at how wrong, yet, right this felt, I knitted my hands in his hair. I then proceeded to pull his lips away from my neck and back onto my mouth. Only to realize, I was officially addicted to Blake and his lips...

"Sapphire?!" My brother's voice boomed from the other side of my door.

Snapping out of the trance I was in with Blake, I pushed him off me; making him fall on the floor beside my bed.

"What was that bumping noise? Sapphire?!" I heard Linx try and open the door. "Why is your door locked?! Sapphire!"

"I'm coming!" I shouted at him as I tried to fix my hair and outfit. I got out of my bed and looked at Blake. "Hide under the bed!" I hissed him.

Blake gave me a lopsided look but didn't question me as he slid under my bed.

Opening the door, I was faced with a pissed off looking Linx. "Yes?" I asked.

Pushing his way past me my brother entered my room without permission. Narrowing my eyes at him, I watched Linx survey the room. "Is there something you need? I was taking a nap, mind you."

Flickering his blue eyes at me, Linx huffed. "No, I just thought... Never mind." He stated and then stormed out of my room.

I stood there for a second and then went to close my door, but my mom came down the hall and stopped at my door frame.

"Who spit in Linx's oatmeal?" Mom inquired.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I have no idea what is wrong with him. He just banged on my door, came in and analyzed my room and then dashed out of here."

Peeking her head into the room, Mama's eyes danced around. "I'm going to throw a wild guess and say, Linx heard you and Blake... 'talking'; banged on your door, while you decided to hide Blake under your bed."

I was shocked that my mom knew all that. It wasn't until she pointed to the wet towels that were on top of Blake's clothes that I knew she saw the signs.

"You and I know, that when Linx is mad, he avoids all the obvious clues." Mom said and then finally pointed at my bed.

Giggling, I saw the tips of Blake's feet poking out from underneath my bed, due to him being so tall.

"Blake, I didn't give you a key for nothing. Stop coming in through the window, when the front door works perfectly fine." My mom called out to him before smirking at me and walking away.

I shook my head in disbelief that my mom was so cool sometimes.

With a hop in my step, I traveled over to my bed and clasped onto the mattress. I heard Blake groan underneath.

Laughing, I watched him from the edge of the bed, struggle to get out from under my bed. He sat on the floor, looking at me.

A comfortable silence filled the room, and I began to ponder on where exactly did Blake and I's relationship stand now.

Because friends definitely don't kiss...