The Past Haunts

Sapphire's P.O.V

My heart pounded as Joshua's thumb caressed my cheek and reeling me in at the same time. Our breathes mixed as our mouth became mere inches from one another. We were so near to each other that I could smell the amazing rosemary smell that he seemed to always be sporting.

His eyes abruptly flickered down to my lips and as did mine to his.

Suddenly, my mind tortured me with the mere idea of kissing Joshua. I wondered how it would feel for there to be no space between us. To feel his lip ring collide with my bare lips...

It was then that I knew both of us had full knowledge that with just one move of the head, we would have no space between us.

But, it was as if we were in a seductive game of who would make the first move.

His hand moved up from my cheek and above my ear, before he tangled his fingers with the brown, curled strands of my hair.

Joshua gave a faint smile, as I started to blush at how much I wanted to kiss him at this very moment.

Thinking about my lips on his again made a tingling feeling erupt in my low back.

The feeling was familiar, for it was the same feeling I got when Blake touched me...

As if fed up with the game of just being inches from each other's faces, Joshua leaned in slightly more.

Our hot lips grazed one another ... I felt the cold metal of his lip ring, and I smiled...

He was trying to get me to make the first move ... but I wasn't playing it.

Sliding my hand under his black shirt, I allowed my fingers to roam his sculpted abs.

Joshua chuckled, knowing I was very keen on winning this 'who will make the first move'.

His hand that wasn't in my hair, slipped under my Maroon 5 band tee and started rubbing circles on my hip.

With one swing of my leg, I moved so that I was straddling Joshua on the couch.

"Sapphire-" he began to say, but I cut him off by placing both of my hands on the couch beside his head. He looked at me with surprise before I crashed my lips with his.

A hot feeling started to spread through me as I removed my hands from the couch and intertwined them with his jet black hair.

Our lips moved in more harmony than I ever had experienced with Blake. And all my feelings, that I thought were fireworks with Blake, seemed to be like atomic bombs when it came to the way Joshua was kissing me.

He suddenly leaned forward, making me lean back. His mouth moved off of mine, and down the front of my neck. Joshua's warm lips placed butterfly kisses on the exposed parts of my collar bone. He abruptly pressed his hand, which was under my shirt, on the middle of my back, drawing me closer.

With him leaned forward I wrapped my long legs around his waist. Pushing myself even closer to him, hoping he wouldn't stop whatever he was doing that felt so magical.

My fingers fiddled with the hem of Joshua's shirt, before thinking what the hell and pulling it off him. He separated from my neck and lifted his hands. I didn't get to drool over his body, because he kissed me instantly after the shirt was tossed on the floor behind me.

It wasn't long until I was lying on the couch, Joshua was hovering over me and I was shirtless -- with my bra still on, mind you.

Joshua broke away from my lips and rested his forehead on mine.