Overworked

You and Hawks just got back to his apartment, it wasn't official but you pretty much moved in.

"So Hawks what do you want for dinner tonight?" You asked as you walked into the kitchen.

"Don't worry about me, I've got some reports to do." Hawks said walking towards his office.

"Ok." You replied as you grabbed the things you needed to make yourself something quick.

As you ate your food then sat on the couch and turned on the tv.

"Ugh there's nothing good on." You complained as you channel surfed. "Oh what's this?" You asked yourself as you found something that seemed interesting.

Hours went by as your eyes stayed glued to the tv. You didn't even notice Hawks walk into the kitchen a few times.

"What time is it?" You wondered as you checked the time. "10:00?! I better get to bed I have quirk therapy tomorrow."

••••
•1:53 a.m•
••••

You woke up early to see that Hawks office light was still on. "Could he still be doing those reports?" You wondered as you walked to his office.

When you got there you seen Hawks sitting at his desk with empty ramen cups and coffee mugs.

"Hawks." You said quietly.

He looked up at you.

"How much sleep did you get?" You asked.

"About thirty minutes." He replied with a yawn. "Don't worry I'll be to bed soon." Hawks gave you a weak smile.

"Alright." You said as you walked back to the room.

••••
•7:10 a.m•
••••

"Wake up Hawks." You whispered quietly.

Hawks opened his eyes that where slightly covered with his hair.

"Come on the city isn't going to patrol itself." You gave him a smile.

"But Y/n." He groaned. "I don't want to do patrol today."

"Well just take off tomorrow."

"Why not today?"

"Because it's too late now." You replied. "Now get up I made breakfast."

"Alright give me five minutes." He muttered slightly falling back asleep.

You walked into the kitchen and grabbed the two plates of food.

Five minutes later Hawks came out in his hero costume and sat at the table. "Thanks for making breakfast baby bird."

"It's really nothing cooking just makes me happy." You replied.

"You really do know a way to someone's heart." Hawks said.

••••
•Time skip 4:00 p.m•
••••

"Guess what?" You said trying to contain your excitement.

"You got a free lifetime supply of chicken?" Hawks asked playfully.

"No, today I was told that soon I should be able to do hero work again!" You enthused practically jumping around.

"That's great babybird." Hawks smiled. "Now I won't have to get attacked by that tree loving cat you always save." Hawks showed you his jacket that had scratches on it.

You let out a small giggle and hugged Hawks. "Thanks for dealing with my hero work."

Hawks looked at you and smiled. "How about I make dinner tonight?" He suggested.

You nodded.

While you waited for Hawks to get done preparing dinner you took a shower.

••••

"Enjoy the food." Hawks said with a giant smile placing two plates on the table. "I made it special."

"What kind of special?" You asked curiously.

"I used extra chicken." He smiled.

"You always use extra chicken." You replied taking a bite of your food.

As you both enjoyed your dinner Hawks told you everything that happened during his patrol.

••••
•12:08•
••••

You woke up to see that Hawks wasn't next to you. You slowly got out the bed and walked down the hall to the kitchen to see Hawks studying a piece of paper.

"Oh hey babybird what are you doing up this late?" Hawks asked nervously while quickly hiding the paper behind his back.

"Um..nothing I was just.....getting a drink." You lied blurting out the first excuse that came to mind. "What about you?"

"Got hungry needed a midnight snack." He replied grabbing a lemon out of the fruit basket and biting it.

"You know you don't bite lemons, right?" You asked.

"Yeah I just... wanted to know what it would taste like." He said discarding the bit lemon.

You grabbed a water out the fridge and made your way back to the room. "He's acting strange." You thought.