Another date?

"Good morning Steely" You heard Hawks say from above you.

"Good morning Hawks" you said with a smile.

"What's up you seem super energized this morning?" Hawks asked. "Wait lemme guess...New perfume?"

"No you overgrown chicken, why can't a girl be happy?" You asked looking up at him from your place on the ground.

"You can be happy, as long as I'm the one making you happy" Hawks said.

"I'm not even your girlfriend Hawks what are you talking about" you said still looking up at him.

"Well then I'll make you my girlfriend" Hawks said with a smile.

"You can't just claim someone as your girlfriend Hawks that's not how it works." You said continuing to your patrol route. "First you need to go on a date with them."

"You're right, Steely how about we go on a date then" Hawks tasked flying in front of where you.

"Well you know I have a lot of work to do and-"

"Don't you remember a while ago when you promised me a date?"

"I didn't promise you I ignored you" you reassured him.

"Yeah you made a silent promise"

"That's not what a silent promise is you bird brain"

"But will you still go on a date with me?"

"Fine I'll go on a date with you" you said giving up on the conversation. "But don't try to pull any moves on me."

"You have my word the great Steel Chain" Hawks said bowing before you.

Many pedestrians turned to look at you both.

"Hawks get up you look like an idiot."

"They must know who their queen is though" Hawks said getting off the ground.

"I don't want to be a queen I want to do my job" you said signaling Hawks to leave.

"As you say oh great queen" Hawks said before he flew off.

'Finally he's gone now it's time for my lunch break.'

You where enjoying your lunch break during your hero patrol eating your lunch and scrolling through your phone. All of a sudden you got a message from Mariko.

••••
Mariko
••••

Mariko:Hey Y/n how are you

Y/n:I'm fine just was trying to enjoy a silent lunch break.

Mariko: Oh did I interrupt you?

Y/n:Yes can I please go back to enjoying it now?

Mariko:After I ask you a question

Y/n:What's the question

Mariko: Do you want to go to the mall

Y/n:Mariko did you bump your head and switch personalities with someone?

Mariko:No I just want to hang out with the most amazing cousin ever.