A chat over chicken

••••

The next morning you woke up and made yourself [a drink to wake you up] and [favorite breakfast item].
Once you finished your breakfast you headed to the bathroom to take a shower and to change into your hero suit.

Your hero suite was a f/c bodysuit with a chain around the waist and boots a little past your knee.

••••

Patrol today was...different, people acknowledged you more than they normally do like asking for autographs and interview offerings.

During you lunch break you stopped at [fast food restaurant]. After getting your order you sat at a table in a corner so no one would notice you, at least hoping no one would.

While enjoying your lunch someone sat on the opposite side of you. You slowly looked up to see a young reporter who looked like she was in high school.

"It really is you, the number six hero Steel Chain!" young reporter seemed excited to run into you. "I wanted to ask you a few questions if that's okay with you?"

"I'm sorry but I'm not doing any interviews today" you replied politely declining her offer while taking a bite of your food.

The girl got up from her seat across from you and smiled "I understand your job is to keep civilians safe not to do interviews" she said while waving goodbye.

'someone finally understands what my job really is' you thought while taking the last sip of your drink.

••••

After a long day of hero patrol you finally arrived home and threw yourself onto the couch. "What a day" you said with a sigh.

You stayed on your couch trying to remember every thing that happened during your hero patrol. It most definitely wasn't like your past days on patrol, but all you could do was accept it so you got off the couch and took a shower.

••••

After your shower you went and put on [whatever is comfortable to relax in] and walked to the kitchen to make yourself some dinner. As you were pulling out a pot to start cooking you heard a knock at the door. "I'll be there in a minute" you called to the person knocking on your door. When you opened the door you seen Hawks standing at the door with a bag from KFC.

"Hawks what are you doing here?" You asked.

"I thought I'd just stop by for a visit" Hawks said putting the KFC bag on your dining table "Don't worry I brought you some chicken too."

••••

You and Hawks talked about a bank robbery that happened towards the end of your patrol day. "Hawks?" You said wiping your hands clean of any chicken remains.

"Yeah Y/n?" Hawks said taking the last bite of his chicken leg.

"Have you heard about the 'rumors'?"you asked slowly lowering your voice to a whisper.

"Yeah, well which rumors there are plenty about me" Hawks replied stretching out his wings "like rumors about me wearing eyeliner it not being apart of my quirk."

"Not those rumors the most recent rumors" you said signaling Hawks to move a little closer . "The rumors about 'us'."

"Well yeah and I'm not ashamed about em' Y/n" Hawks said with a wide smile "Who wouldn't want to date the most beautiful hero I've ever seen"