A letter

"Hawks I'm going out I'll be back in a bit." You said grabbing your keys.

"Wait." Hawks came to the door and flew so his lips met yours. "You can't leave without a kiss."

You gave Hawks a gentle peck on the lips. "Now I have to go."

It's been a week since the mission and things were finally starting to fall into place. Your time with quirk therapy was over, Mariko was safe from villains, and you officially moved into Hawks apartment so there wasn't much to worry about.

"So I need to go check in at the agency." You said to yourself getting in your car.

Some things did change over the week. You never let what Shigaraki said go, making sure everyone was safe even though you weren't officially back to hero work.

••••
•At your agency•
••••

"Ms. Steel Chain it's been so long how are you?" Asked the receptionist, shocked by your sudden return

"I'm fine." You replied walking towards the elevator.

"Oh and there are some... visitors in your office."

"Ok I'll handle them."

Once you made it up to your office you seen three men dressed in professional business attire.

"Good morning." You greeted the trio.

"And you are...?" Asked one of the men.

"Steel Chain." You gave them a smile. "Is there anyway I can help you?"

"No but we would like to help you."

"Come again?" You said slightly confused on what you could need help with.

"On behalf of the hero safety commission we would like to apologize for the trouble you've been put through." A slightly shorter man explained.

"We are also here to tell you that your welcome to continue your hero work." The third one said. "But due to certain inconvenience we have switched your patrol to the night shift."

"Night shift? As in patrol during the night." You asked to reassure you heard him right.

"Yes, please don't say your afraid of the dark we've had to rearrange several schedules due to that."

"No it's fine." You said. "Is there any thing else?"

"That was all we'll be on our way now." And with that they left.

"So it looks like I'm officially back on the job." You walked towards your wall mounted whiteboard. "Since it's the night shift I'll have to change my sleep schedule to fit my new hours."

••••

"Knock knock." Someone said knocking on your office door.

"Come in." You replied making the finishing touches to your reworked schedule.

When the person opened the door you seen one of your sidekicks Yuuto who recently finished high school, with his quirk he could easily influence someone to do something just by talking.

"I heard you were in today so I wanted to visit you." He said giving you a cheerful smile. "Ever since you were gone I've been keeping the place in shape."

You looked around your office noticing everything except for the few things you used where untouched. "Thanks Yuuto," you replied.

"It's not a problem boss just doing my best to be a good sidekick." He reached into his pocket and grabbed something. "Oh and this was dropped off at the front desk for you." Yuuto passed you an envelope.

"I'll leave you to read it, it was great seeing you." Yuuto waved then left your office.

"Bye." You said then took a seat at your desk to read the letter which read,
"Dear Y/n, it's been a while since we last talked how's life treating you? Hopefully one day we'll meet again so we can have a little talk."

"No signature?" You asked yourself. "Is there a return address or something? Maybe it's from a distant relative."

Just then your phone started ringing. You put the letter in your desk drawer and answered your phone.

"Good morning Y/n." Your mom said through the phone.

"Good morning mom how are you?" You replied making your way out your office, noticing Yuuto at your door.

"Oh boss I just remembered I left something in your office can I go get it?" He asked hurriedly.

You nodded trying to continue your conversation.

"I was wondering if you and Hawks would like to join us for dinner tonight." Your mom asked.

"Sure."

"Perfect is there anything in specific you want?"

"Chicken, it's Hawks' favorite."

"Alright then I guess I'll see you both later."

"Bye mom." You said before hanging up.