A man in black

"Wake up." You heard someone whisper quietly gently shaking you.

"Five more minutes." You groaned swatting away the hand.

"Come on your going to be late." Replied the voice.

"No." You said trying to hide under a pillow.

"Baby bird." They said. " you're going to be late for patrol."

"Late for patrol!" You gasped hopping out of your bed. "What time is it?!"

"Uh..7:45."

"No I only have fifteen minutes." You growled to yourself. "Hawks why didn't you make me up sooner?"

"Wait... Hawks?!" You gasped. "What are you doing in my apartment, again?"

"Well you see baby bird you left a window open, again." He said with a smile.

"So now you just search for open windows?" You asked grabbing your hero costume from your wardrobe.

"Eh pretty much." Hawks said taking a seat on your bed.

"A little privacy." You said looking at Hawks who looked like he was getting ready to watch a movie.

"I'll just close my eyes." Hawks smirked closing his eyes.

You squinted your eyes at him. "I feel like you'll still watch." You pointed to your room door. "Go on."

"Fine." Hawks huffed playfully making his way out your room.

You quickly changed into your hero costume and rushed to your door.

"Hey where are you going?" Hawks asked you as you grabbed your keys.

"I'm got to my patrol." You replied.

"I'll fly you there, climb out the window."

"Do you remember what happened the last time you told my to climb out the window?" You deadpanned.

"I promise you won't slip this time." Hawks opened his arms. "Come on."

You walked over to the window and slowly climbed out with Hawks grabbing you before you could slip.

"Told you I wouldn't let you slip." Hawks said hugging you. "Now let's get to patrol."

••••

You and Hawks arrived right before your patrol started.

"How about a kiss for your hero?" Hawks suggested with a cheeky smile.

"Do you ask the old ladies you help cross the street the same thing?" You replied placing a kiss on Hawks cheek.

"Only if the old lady is you." He replied cheekily.

You noticed a flash in the corner of your eye. "Better get started on my patrol now." You said running off.

••••

"Thank you for getting my cat Wish out the tree again Steel Chain." Said Mrs. Yohan. "I really don't know why he likes it up there so much." She said gently cradling her cat.

"It's really nothing Mrs.Yohan." You gave her a smile. "Have you ever considered buying him a cat tree?" You asked.

"I never thought of that." She replied. "You always have a solution."

"I need to get back to my patrol now Mrs. Yohan but I guess I'll see you the next time I save Wish from a tree." You joked.

"Good bye Steel Chain and thanks again." Said the old women walking away with her cat.