Chapter#28

"Mom, dad I'll call you when I in get there. Bye Fiona. And yeah I'll send you the pictures from Manhattan. And yeah Annie also wanted somethings from New York so I'll send her stuff too." I said as slid the Gucci bag on my shoulder that Fiona had and was going to head inside the plane.

"Bye honey. Just be careful and call instantly as you land." My dad said giving me a peck on my temple.

"And don't forget to send me the pictures of your new apartment especially the kitchen. And if there is some problem with the apartment just call your dad or your uncle Mathew. He'll be there in the college. He teaches. . . there. It will be dark when you reach New York so. . ." My mom said hugging me briefly and checking around the waiting area of the airport if anything was left behind.

"Ohh mom. Leave her, I've got to say her something more important than that. Okay Rachel, when you get there just send the pictures, buy me that bag from Chanel we saw on the internet and go see my friends in New York. " Fiona blabbered as she dragged me taking my hand and squeezing it. "And yeah if you find out Annie's facebook boyfriend then just send me his pics or maybe get his number. Ok?" She whispered as we walked.

"What boyfriend? I don't know about anyone and I'm not doing your 'to do' list in New York. You both are way too stupid than what I and Sarah think." I said shaking my head.

"But the things. Please Rachel you've got to get them, our life hangs in balance because of them. Please." Fiona said batting her long mascara applied lashes at me.

Ugh! Drama queen bitch!

"Yeah yeah I get it. And I'll do it. Now leave me I've got to go." I said shaking her shoulders.

I waved them all goodbye and left for my flight.

After some minutes the plane took off and I tilted my head back processing the scenes before in my head.

Just stay calm and forget. New York, new life , new people. Don't ferret Fanning.

This flight is going to be one hell of a flight.

                                                       _______________

"The apartment is fine uncle Mathew. Thank you so much." I said as I stared at my dad's bestfriend who was looking at me with blue eyes.

I remember seeing him years before like in my elementary school. He was just the same, bald head, blue eyes, short height and contagious smile on his face as always.

"Oh no need to thank your uncle Mathew. Just come here and give me a hug." He said with that chubby face and smile.

He embraced me into a teddy bear hug and I felt a sudden pang in my heart with an urge to cry but I contained myself.

"Let me know if you need anything." He said walking towards the garage.

" I will. Bye." I said as he jumped into his car and waved at me.

Coming inside I looked around my new home now. All wooden floors and corridors. Well to be true, the apartment was creepy. And when it got dark, it got even scarier. I tried to sleep but the oddness in the new atmosphere compelled me to stay awake although I had to attend college the next morning. Dressed up in my pajamas I went outside into the street for a walk. I walked back and forth in the deserted street for a while thinking about the things that had gone around. I was alone now. Sarah was not there with me, Shane had again walked out of my life and I had to now start my life from a scratch. How am I going to be able to this? It's too much to cope up with. Sitting on the footpath idialed Sarah's number as I felt a dire need to talk to her.