Chapter#23

I scrolled through the brochure Sarah had given me which were for pregnant mothers. They were some sort of pre - pregnancy classes and there was a trainer for exercising as well. I wanted to go because I had no idea of how to handle a baby and the thought came running down to my head of how once I had dropped Fiona off on the yard floor. I definitely do not know how to handle kids but maybe it's something a girl learns in her life after she has her own baby. On the other hand if I was pregnant after my marriage, then it would've been my mom who would direct me in every way. But now I had to do it on my own. Calling on the number given on the brochure I waited and there was woman on the other line.

"Hello, you've reached the Hope's Academy. How can I help you?" The lady spoke on the other line.

"My name is Rachel and I'm interested to join in." I said eagerly with anticipation built inside of me.

The hell you so excited at? The snarky bitch beams through her moon specs and rolls her eyes. And I do what I've been doing. IGNORE!

"Well thank you ma'am. So I'd like to have some details and then once you can visit and we can settle other affairs regarding. So your full name please." The lady asked in a cordial manner and pausedfor my answer.

"It's Rachel. . . . . . . ." I pause momentarily as she vomits out her inner self.

Yeah now say Rachel Shane Alstaire you despo. The bitch is back again and she puts down her specs and makes her way to her room banging the door behind.

"Rachel Fanning." I say confidently as I sigh.

"Your age?" She questions.

I think about it and lie because I feel embarrassed to tell the truth. What would she think about me?

She'd think that you were fucked and also lost brains during it because you weren't smart enough to use a fucking piece of a cheaply sold polymer! She opens the door ajar and informs me.

"I'm twenty." I lie as I ignore the bitch.

"Hmm. Young mother. So the name of your husband or the child's father who'd be coming with you to attend the classes." She asks formaly but her words disappoint me deeply.

What? The father needs to come too? Oh my! I nod disapprovingly and the excitement just fades.

"I think that he won't be able to attend it. He's very busy and besides that he doesn't even live here and you know how work is." I give a shot in the dark and vaguely try.

"But it's only for couples ma'am and I'm afraid that you don't fill in the requirements." She says apologetically and I know that there's nothing more to say so I hang up seeing no point in convincing her further.

"Oh God! From where am I supposed to bring a guy for this?!" I growl and tear the brochure into pieces.

"A guy for what?" Hayden asks entering the lounge in his black trousers and white t shirt.

I left the door open? Oops!

"And why didn't you lock it?" He asks seriously as he nods looking towards the door.

"I must've forgotten it." I answered reluctantly as I dragged myself to the couch.

"So you were just saying something over the phone. May I ask if I can help because you seem a bit mad at it." He asks looking at me and sits in  front of me.

I tell him about it and I whine. I inquire him of how he was back early and he told that the practice ground was soaking wet due to the rain and they couldn't practice and they all were allowed to leave. I told him the whole academy thing arbitrarily not expecting for him to be interested but to my surprise he seemed involved. Wow!