Chapter#24

"Hayden I'm so relived you're here." I said as I reached to hug Hayden by the waist. "I was so scared too and then ouch!" I was trailed off when a sharp pain shoot up below my navel where I was operated.

"Hey, does it hurt really bad?" Hayden asked fondling as he hugged me gently while standing.

"No, but it will as the analgesics wear off." I said leaning back and dropping my head on the pillow.

I wonder where Shane is. Has he gone? I was in the train of my thoughts when Hayden left to attend a call and immediately Shane entered back in.

So he is still here. Ugh! My inner goddess pursed her lips into a thin line and rolled her eyes at Shane.

"Um. . .should I. . .stay?" He said standing at the foot of the bed and looked down at the floor.

Stay? Nah! Go back to being 'bitch I know you and I never thought that you'd be that way shit! Get lost, you've already made me pregnant, called me names, rolled your eyes at me, mumbled abuses at me whenever I saw you and in the end you also hit me with your damn car or maybe dragged me over with it. So the point is. . . . .GET OUT!  My inner goddess is in her harlot red lipstick and screaming at Shane as she throws things around her.

Woah! She's mad. My subconscious decides to remain silent at her reaction.

"You can go Shane, you can always go and you always do." I said the words that I had kept inside of me since months but somehow I in manage to say them with sarcasm and hurt.

The expressions on his face stiffened and his mouth twisted in distress, perhaps he wasn't expecting such a reaction from me. I too wasn't expecting one from me. Reluctantly I turned my face towards the wall because I didn't want to encounter with his all too questioning gaze.

He didn't say a word but then the door flew open and we both turned to see who it was.

"Rachel! Oh my God!" Sarah came rushing towards me zoning out Shane completely just like Hayden did before.

It's not your day Mr. Shane whoever-you-are-but-I-don't-care. My inner goddess says as she crosses her arms over her small bosoms.

"I searched for you but then Hayden tracked you down. Oh we were so worried about you. . . .bitch!" Sarah said as tension released from her face and she sighed as she sat down on the stool Shane had vacated.

"I had a little accident. My cardigan got stuck in that car and I fell and was dragged along." I said as my eyes darted at Shane who watched me intently with horror.

Yes you arse, you did it and now you're trying to make that face like you're ashamed or something! My inner goddess shot her bullet gaze at Shane and spit escaped her mouth when she spoke.

"Who the fuck did that to you? That person couldn't even see that you were pregnant, such an animal I must say. Fucker!" Sarah said anger boiling deep in her blood and radiating from her face.

I had the shortest urge and need to laugh as she spoke. Shane looked at Sarah and his mouth dropped but then he idly looked at the walls not making an eye contact with me.

"I'm sure he knows the damage he had caused and someday he may learn something. . ." I said looking at Shane and he immediately looked at me as I said. When he looked at me I said, "or maybe nothing."

Sarah wasn't listening to me but mumbling words most probably some hard core abuses at the 'fucker' she just declared. And I felt like me and Shane were the only ones in the room. I was not planning on to tell anyone that Shane hit me with the car.

"What is he doing here?" Suddenly Sarah paused when she gave a brief look at Shane and whispered close to my ear.

"He. . .he." I said.