Chapter#12

"Hello." I spoke trying to calm myself of the exploding emotions in me.

"Hi, you were calling. What happened? Are you okay?" He said with an intense and concerned tone.

"Yeah everything is okay. I was calling because I haven't seen you since the last time we met. It's been two days Shane." I said informing him as my lips quivered due to the tears that were about to accompany them.

"Rachel you know that I'm busy allright. You're just not trying to understand. What is up with you for heaven's sake?" He spitted the words with anger and irritation.

"I'm sorry, but I just wanted to hear your voice and talk to you. I'm sorry Shane." I said with tears in my eyes as I blinked to get rid of the blurr vision.

"Wh.........allright you've heard my voice. So what now?" He carried on with the same tone.

"Nothing. I won't call you now. I get it." I said with disappointment and sadness in my voice as I coughed.

"I didn't tell you to stop calling me. I just told you that I can't talk because I'm busy." He said with a milder tone but with seriousness.

"Sorry." I said as I hung up.

I held my head with both hands which was now banging from the inside. I felt weak and ill. I wiped the tears from my eyes and made my way to the bed. All I could hear was Shane's words, his anger, his irritation of how much I've started to offend him now. The only incoming thought to my head was that I didn't care about anything but that I loved him with all of my heart and soul.

                                                         __________

The next morning when I woke up, I felt so weak and couldn't get up from the bed. I sensed the high fever that had occurred to me since the whole 'last night'. I coughed and felt as if my ribs would crack with force and pressure on them. My head felt so heavy and it was hurting.

I lay there in fever as if I wanted to torture myself for something I didn't know. It was about twelve when Sarah called and I asked her to come over at my place because I wasn't feeling well at all. She immediately agreed to it and in some minutes she came. It was a relief to let Sarah have the spare keys to my apartment because I could not at all summon the energy to lift myself up and drag my lifeless body to the door to open it.

"Girl, what have you done to yourself? Rach how did you get so sick?" Sarah asked with deep concern as she put down her handbag and made her way to me.

I looked at her with half opened eyes. My eyes were burning and the headache was severe. Sarah disappeared into the lounge and came back with a thermometer and a box full of medicines that I kept in the lounge cabinet. She checked my fever and it was several degrees above that made Sarah so worried that she had to call the doctor.

In the mean while she sat next to me holding my hand and running her hand through my hair trying to lull me to sleep. I felt as if I was unconscious. I heard different voices in my head. When I opened my eyes, I saw a man holding my wrist, he was the doctor and Shawn was standing next to him with an intense and worried look on his face. Sarah was nowhere to be seen.

"It's a high fever and I think that an injection would be the best option right now. So I'm going to write the medicines as well but right now I'm going to inject the medicine." The doctor said to Shawn as he took out a needle from his briefcase.

My stomach tightened as the fear of physical pain in such weakness clouded my mind. I was scared of needles. Alot.

"Okay doctor, do what you think is right but she should be recovering soon." Shawn said to the doctor as he shot me a look .