Chapter#10

My eyes felt heavy as if I was hungover. The day light shone through the curtains. I discovered that I was lying alone in the bed and Shane was not there. It felt so lonely, before I fell asleep he was holding me so close to him but now I woke up to myself. These were the words that Shane told me the other night when I was in the bathroom and he had fallen asleep and when he woke up I was not there. I got up from the bed but couldn't find his shirt on the floor that I wore. I remembered that it was in the bathroom. I saw it lying on the wet floor and I knew that I had to think of something else. Opening his closet I grabbed a blue football  jersey from his collection of garments. All his clothes smelled like him and I could recognize his body scent anywhere.

I walked bare feet  with my arms wrapped around me to the lounge and still found no trace of Shane. I admired the lounge which still had all the sorry filled pages on it. I adored Shane at that moment.  I called out his name but there was no reply.  I wanted to see him so bad. My eyes landed on the wall clock and it was eleven in the morning. I had never slept for so long. The sun was shinning but the rays didn't feel warm. The clouds hung as a cold breeze blew. I felt so cold but still I wanted to wait for Shane to show up. I stood trembling infront of the main door and after minutes it swung open revealing Shane in his grey trousers and black t shirt holding a take away box in his hands. Closing the door behind him he rushed to me.

"What are you doing here? You'll catch cold. How can you be so careless Rachel?" He said as he put the take away box on the glass table and wrapping his arms around me protectively.

"I was waiting for you ,you weren't there when I woke up. And sorry I wore your sweater without your permission. The other shirt of yours was wet in the bathroom." I said as I gestured towards his sweater.

"Oh please. C'mon you don't need my permission for that. Not now not ever. Do you understand? But I like it when you wear my things. My clothes look nice on you." He said as he rolled his eyes at me and then continued as he cupped my cheek.

"Alright done too much talking. I brought us some um.....breakfast or maybe it's lunch. I don't know." He spoke in little confusion scratching his neck as he glanced at the clock.

"What did you get us then? I am so hungry right now that I'd eat anything." I asked as I continued my statement in a funny way.

"Hmmm hmm. You are a wild wild girl miss Rachel Fanning. But I like you." He spoke as he smirked running his hand from the side of my forehead to my lips.

"Ok now you can't stay here , we need to get you in the room. It's warm there." He said as he picked up the take away box and holding my hands he guided me to the bedroom.

Shane brought us chicken and cheese sandwiches with nuggets and cappuccino. We ate and talked about random things. He told me about his family. It's when I discovered that he was not happy. He had a broken family.

"My parents don't think that I can be someone. They think that I'm a looser unlike my elder brother. Fine I don't study hard like him and I have a shitty circle of friends, I know that I don't even make them proud of myself and I disappoint them every now and then but know what......the feeling is mutual." Shane said with irritation and sadness on his face as he sat against the head of the bed throwing away his sandwich on the styrofoam plate.

An elder brother? That's news.

I put my cappuccino on the floor and stood to my feet next to Shane. He watched me as I bent down to my knees and held his hands in mine.

"Look at me. Shane." I told him as I gave a little hug to his hands and he shifted his gaze on me.

"You are not a looser and no one has the right to say that. No one. I'm proud of you. For every little thing that you do for me. Every girl doesn't have a boy who she can be proud of. I am. You make me smile all the time. All your little things overtake my heart. You are never disappointing because you're always there with a mind blowing idea.  You have a smile that can light up this whole world,my whole world.How can such a person be a disappointment? Let them say whatever they want. They don't know about the things you do. The effort you put to make it up to someone. The courage to apologize and then scrape someone off their feet. You did all of that to me. And the most special thing you do is this." I took his hand and put it on my chest where my heart was beating." You make this thing beat inside me. No one else has ever done that. And I am so proud of that. Proud of you Mr Shane Alstaire Qastial." I said the words as my eyes filled with tears of different emotions.; pride,pity,sadness and love. I was going to confess it to Shane that I was in love with him.