Epilogue

5th May, Sunday 2014 Home in California.

"Shane I'm not feeling well. Please get back home." I said coming out into the garden.

"Why? What happened?" Shane asked in a concerned tone diverting his full attention towards me.

"I just don't feel right. I feel like I want to cry. Shane, please come home, I don't know what has happened to me." I said irritated by the overwhelming feeling of sickness.

"Okay okay. I'll be there right now. You don't cry or else I'd break a vow here. Bye. I love you." Shane said trying to assure me.

I waited for Shane in the bedroom. Ever since he had to deal with the company along with his brother after their dad's heart attack, he has been far more responsible. In about some minutes he was there. My husband, dressed in a black button down linen shirt and jeans with a jacket. This shirt had become his favorite since I gifted it to him and told him that I bought it years ago when once I went out with Sarah to buy some things for the baby.

"Why were you out on a Sunday?" I questioned my husband who looked too hot and boyish for a new owner of a company.

"Baby I was there at the site for our new project. Remember? I told you." He said sitting down infront of me on our bed.

"I don't care if you told me but you are not supposed to go out on Sundays. Not now, not ever!" I pouted crossing my arms over my chest.

"Sorry Mrs Qastial. This won't happen again." Shane said smiling at me practically dissolving my anger. "Now come here and let me kiss your little nose that's glowing red hot. I should have mentioned in my wedding vows that it also goes red when you are angry, not just when you cry." He said leaning over me and kissing the tip of my nose.

I arched an eyebrow at him but he completely ignored my anger. He never gets mad at me for anything since we got married.

"I want to tell you something. It's important." I said with hesitation and with slight fear.

"Hmm." Shane said dropping his shoes down onto the floor and sliding off his jacket and crawled up on the bed with his head in my lap.

It's okay Qastial, say it. Now!

"Shane, I'm one month pregnant." I said looking blankly at him for a response.

His eyes widened with astonishment and he blinked a few times batting his long and dark lashes trying to process my words. An awkward silence and then a Shane-Alstaire-Qastial-type of a reaction.

"What?!" Shane got up looking at me, wide eyed and surprised. He ran his hand through his hair and laughed in joy. He couldn't contain his reaction so not knowing a way to express, he hugged me so tightly dropping me on the pillows and kissed my forehead repeatedly.

"Oh my God! Rachel I'm about to be a dad! I love you so much! Thank you! Oh!" Shane said kissing my face as he took me into his lap.

I wanted to cry because I was too overwhelmed by my condition and of course, the raging hormones. But I was happy to start a family and just a little scared of the whole pregnancy thing because of what had happened with Aron.

You got through it when you were eighteen and now you're scared when you're twenty two? And besides that missy, you are a doctor if you're forgetting. So,you're not supposed to get scared.

"Rachel? Are you scared?" Shane asked caressing my cheek with his knuckles and his thumb brushed over my lower lip.

"Not really, but this pregnancy thing just freaks me out a bit." I said hugging him and burying my face in his chest where I could inhale his Shanely scent.