Chapter#22

It had been a week since I last talked to Sarah. I am now usually talking to Hayden because he's always around.

I woke up late in the morning and the chance to see Hayden and exchange some words with him had gone because he told that he always left early.  It was noon when I  was studying and the door bell rang. It was Sarah.

"Why aren't you returning my calls? What happened? " Sarah asked in agitation as she threw her handbag on the couch and followed me into my room.

I stood trying to calm myself down as she kept going on. Finally when I couldn't bear the pressure inside of me, I exploded.

"Shut up! You want to know why I'm ignoring you right? Now listen close, I've been ignoring you because you've been disregarding me from the last couple of months. You don't visit often, you're all too busy with yourself, you have to tutor him and the list goes on and on and on Sarah! Look I'm tired of running behind everyone I care about in my life. You all make me think that I'm worthless and you all have better things to do. . . .but I thought Sarah Taylor was the only different person I knew. You're just as indifferent as anyone else here." I said with a wounded expression on my face and walked past Sarah into the lounge compelling her with my actions to follow me.

"Rachel it's not what you think it is. Maybe you're overthi. . . ." She was cut short by my words.

"Oh don't you blame it on me. You're the one who's keeping secrets and trying to zone out a bestfriend here, not me." I said rolling my eyes at her and the choice of my argument made her jaw drop in shock.

"Wha. . . .what secret? I didn't hide anything from you, ever." Sarah said said offended and distressed as she crossed her arms and dropped herself on the couch infront of me.

"Yeah right. So having slept with a boy and not telling your best friend accounts as privacy or it seems worthless to you telling it to me. Sarah, he's just come into your life and you've already started to back off from me." I said with trembling lips as the adrenaline spiked through my body and I was thrown into a swivet by it.

"I was going to tell you but I couldn't. Because your. . . .your experience with Shane had been damaging and devastating for you, and telling you about my relationship would make it worst. You'd be hurt and it'll be like galling you on purpose." She spoke as she faced down to the floor.

The expressions on my face changed as I found some convincing ground in her words. I thought for a few seconds as she kept on justifying herself.

"You thought it would hurt me? Sarah, even if it did you still weren't suppose to keep it from me. You know we always handle shit, even if it hurts bad." I said as I sat on the couch facing Sarah.

"I'm sorry. You know me Rachel, I don't know how to arrange things. I've always been like this and you are the one telling me of what to do and how to do but now when I had to do it for you, there was no one to guide me." She said as she pouted slightly.

"Shut up, don't make that face. You're making me laugh." I said as I  started to laugh and she joined me too.

Whenever we fight, we end up laughing like fools in the end blaming eachother to make us laugh in the middle of a serious conversion.

We sorted all our mess out in some time but I told her to never keep anything from me and I also told her that I was happy for them and I knew that Shawn held a thing for her since last couple of months.

After having a 'sort out session' we returned back to our casual way loosing track of time as we always do.

"Allrighty Rach you knew all the way that Shawn liked me and you kept it from me so that's also called keeping a secret. I'm mad at you too." Sarah said playfully as she joked and crossed her arms.