Chapter#25

"Yeah my eyes." Shane said with sparkling eyes still smiling at the picture.

"Why would you say that?" I asked him dazzled by the way he was reacting.

"Because I can." He said still with bright eyes that never moved away from the screen.

"Shane." I almost sighed and my body sagged as I shook my head.

He looked at me giving nothing away. Eyes still shimmering but the smile couldn't be veiled although he tried to.

"My son." He said holding the phone closer to him and smiled.

How does he know? He knows!

The tears started to trail down my cheeks as I lowered my face as if I had done something wrong.

"Our son?" He asked lowering his head down so we were eye to eye.

I looked at him and tears fell down my eyes and the words were lost somewhere in my head. I nodded slowly.

"He has my eyes Rachel. He looks like me! Me!" Shane said now smiling in disbelief as he ran his hand through his now a bit longer hair.

Hearing this I started to cry a bit loudly and put my head in my hands.

"Don't cry. Look at him. He looks like your Shane." Shane said lifting my head up and sitting beside me on the bed. He wiped the tears away from the back of his hand and tucked my hair behind my ear.

Your Shane? My Shane?

"See, look at us. Please." His voice almost a plead as his hand caressed my knuckles gently.

I looked through my wet eyelashes and saw Shane smiling at me.

"Shane." My voice lower lip trembled and tears flowed down.

Not saying a word he hugged me gently burying his head in my chest and inhaled sharply. I didn't know what to do so involuntarily or maybe on purpose I ran my fingers through his hair and weeped.

We stayed there for quite a bit long lost in the scene and somehow relief flooded over me.

He's just overwhelmed but that has nothing to do with you. Nothing.

Shane lifted his head up and brought his face closer to mine. His eyes seemed to be red and his nose had turned pink.

He had cried? Has he?

"Sh. . . ." My words failed me but I continued the effort. "You don't. . . need to do this." I stammerd and my lips trembled.

"And you don't need to do this." He said wiping and reffering to the tears in my eyes and I witnessed his lips tremble as if he'd just cry. "We have a son?" He said still smiling in disbelief.

I looked at him as he continued to shake his head still smiling in the surprise.

Or trauma.

Not saying a word he leaned forward to kiss my temple and it was a long pause with his lips still on my temple. I closed my eyes relishing the touch. Same true, breathtaking, heart racing and soft touch.

A Shane Alstaire Qastial touch. His fingers skimmed down from my face to my throat brushing over the sides of my breasts to my waist. My hands were in my lap ,one of them with a drip attached to it. Shane's mouth travelled to kiss my cheek and his hand picked my hand with the drip attached and he kissed my palm gently again and again.

Shane don't do this. I'll fall for you again.

"Shane. . .if you did that. . .for even two more seconds, I'll fall in. . . ." I said sobbing and closing my eyes.