Chapter#7

"Now tell me how did you get your hand injured?"I asked as I examined his soft hands that were yet so strong.

"I punched my hand into the mirror. It broke of course and I got hurt." Shane said randomly scratching the back of his neck with his free hand.

"But why Shane?" I spoke in amazement and irritation.

"Because you told me that you weren't going to talk to me or come along with me so I couldn't resist and to take out my frustration, I punched my hand in to the bathroom mirror. Sorry for that because you girls have to get a new mirror in the girls washroom now." Shane told me as he joked with a playful smile.

"You are so unpredictable Shane and you shouldn't have done that. Don't hurt yourself because of anyone." I said the words to him as I put the tissue aside and still held his hand with one hand while his fingers were loosely intertwined with mine.

"It wasn't just anyone , it was you........"Shane was cut in between his sentence as someone from behind made a rude interruption.

"Rachel come with me. Sarah's call." Shawn spoke panting as he patted my shoulder.

"Shawn? What happened to her? Is she alright?" I stared at Shawn as a wave of worry washed over me.

"Yeah she's totally fine and she's calling you in the library.She sent me." Shawn assured as he spoke with his pink lips that were in a very refined shape , I must say.

"Ok I'm coming." I told Shawn as I withdrew my hand from Shanes'.

Shane seemed to still hold it and he acted unknown to the fact that I was trying to leave from his grip.

I withdrew my hand and carefully put his hand in his lap.

"I'll go then. Come quickly." Shawn told me and ordered me with a random expression on his face as he chew on his gum.

I got up and so did Shane.

"I'll have to leave as Sarah.....ah......my bestfriend is calling me." I informed him.

"Ok. I'll see you then. I will right?" Shane spoke as he stood up.

" But you take care of your hand and right now go get some first aid and then on your way back pay a visit to the doctor and when you get home wash it with an antiseptic and"......I was cut short by Shane.

"Ok.ok.ok. I'll do it but you're coming to the party tomorrow at my house.Right.....Rachel?" He asked with too much hope yet doubt in his voice.

"I will." I said as I looked into his eyes.

"Can I have your number then? You know I might need to contact you." Shane spoke as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Yea sure." I agreed as I nodded towards his phone.

He typed my number in his phone and after waving him a goodbye,I left.

I opened the library door and found no one sitting, only Sarah and Shawn. She was explaining something to Shawn on the book while Shawn watched her face the entire time. I found him weird to be that way. Was he in l......... I walked in and stood quietly as Sarah showed me two fingers as a sign to wait for a while.

"Ok. Look Shawn this is a human heart and all the oxygenated blood goes from the left chamber to the whole body......Shawn look at the book, don't stare at my face. Hurry up now,I have to leave." Sarah blurted out with an angry and irritated tone.

"Sorry. But yeah I am listening. Swear." Shawn apologized as he squinted his eyes at her playfully.

"Oh yeah. Then tell me what I just told you now. Start." Sarah said annoyed as she crossed her arms and turned her face towards him.