Twenty

On looking back at the person who have steadied you on your spot, you meet the king, a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips which flashes red danger signal for you. He let go off your arms and moves off to stand right beside you. The very next thing that happens leaves you thunderstruck like never before. Your senses perk up watching horrid awful creatures bow down and greet the two of you with the words, "Accept our regards, King and Queen"

You don't have a good memory with them, they remind of so much pain, blood and unbearable agony which makes your hair perk up and sends chills down your spine as those six words leave their sinister mouths.

"How are they doing?" King asks and you can sense the cockiness in his tone.

They reply with a 'not so good king' and nothing makes sense to you. If the king has called you to afflict you, why isn't he giving the death eaters order to torment you? Instead they all bowed and greeted you with great esteem and deference which marked erroneous the point that king called you to persecute you.

Then what's his motive behind calling you in the dark wing? And who's he asking about?

Your questions are answered on their own when you vision travels down those supernatural beings and find half dead bodies of two men who you can recognise anywhere, the people who brought only and only destruction in your life and ruined it as much as they could. Their eyes are flickering close. Crimson tinted liquid oozes out from the myriad wounds, decorating every possible area of their body which is nothing but a space occupied by bazillion of recently formed bruises, scratches, contusions, wounds and burns marks as if the hot steaming oil is poured over them recently.

"Remember them?!" King questions, raising one of his brows at you. After you reply with a nod, he steps ahead, takes out his wand and pointing it to the halfdead bodies who are tied together with the neon glimmering enchanted green rope, speaks, "Mind telling the queen why are you here?"

The emerald green currents escape from the tip of his wand and straightly hit them. Both of them break down into loud screams of agony that travels in their bodies with the speed of light and resonate in the serene vacant place. You fall on your knees and tightly press your hands against your ears to make yourself deaf for a while so as to avoid hearing those sounds of anguish. Tears pool in your eyes and begin to cascade down your cheeks no sooner with the scene of your parents dying on continuous play in your head as everything comes back to you. Their wails are so loud that your hands can't be of much help, compelling you to hear every bit of it.

"STOP!" You yell out with your all might, not being able to tolerate the blaring screams anymore. You couldn't stand violence and blood, it have been your biggest weakness since your childhood. This is the first time your body didn't give up on you completely or it would usually shut down your senses and you end up unconscious or too numb to notice anything around you.

Your words acquire no effect on him, on their wails of agony, on any happening. Perhaps those screams have blocked your voice even before it could reach the king which makes you repeat yourself, this time employing every remaining remnants of energy of your body.

"KING STOP PLEASE." You shout out, this time enough aloud to make your yelp reach his ears and run out of the dark wing without waiting for anymore second.

The dusk has fallen letting the murk descend over the once illuminated surroundeds so barely anyone notices you, the slytherin queen running towards her chamber with tears streaming down her cheeks like no tomorrow however the servants guarding your chamber notice your pathetic state as they watch you rushing into your chamber holding your long gown. Now everyone in the palace gets worried. The news that you was called to the dark wing have spreaded like fire in the castle.

Whereas inside your chamber, you have hidden yourself under the covers and are sobbing, traumatised from the events you have just witnessed, on the other side of the castle, the king has been immediately called out by his grandmother.

"Tomorrow, in the court, I want you two to admit everything and reveal the truth." Taehyung sternly ordered, pointing his wand at the two of them. The duo nod their head up and down, intimidated by the King's cold and barbaric demeanor. With a swift turn, King heads out of the dark wing, leaving the courtiers at the mercy of the death eater and advances on his way towards his halmeoni, quite aware of the reason why he might have been called.

"Leave." At his mere command, the servants outside her chamber scurry off and disappear out of his sight as if vanishing in the thin air. He doesn't want anyone to eavesdrop and hear even a single word. Pushing back the door, he's greeted by the familiar scent of sandalwood.

"What had gone wrong King Kim Taehyung that you had to call queen in the dark wing?" She nags him, acknowledging the state you was now in, which she got to know from her personal servant. Using his whole name is something she would always do when she's mad at him. Not wanting to let her know the truth or lie king hangs his head low, keeping his lips sealed.

It's something he too was guilty for. Bringing you into the dark wing wasn't the best idea. He have traumatised you terribly.

Suddenly, the king spoke "My apologies, halmeoni, but I need to leave now." and discharges out of the room without letting an another second pass, not finding himself in the condition to listen anything she might have to say further. He haven't had even a blink of sleep from the past three days and all he desired now is just to lay himself in the comfort of his bed and drift off to slumber for a while that it'll relax his aching nerves and worn out body.

He enters his chamber and slips under the covers and then it hits him that you are also sleeping on the same bed, under the same duvet. The thing that now both of you, being a married couple, are sharing a same chamber which occurs to his chamber had completely vanished from his mind as there was already lot to keep him engaged and anxious. It's very first time he will be sleeping in the same chamber, on the same bed with you.

The moonlight, entering inside from the ventilators, falls on your face, accessing him to have a glimpse of your tear-stained cheeks and clogged wet eyelashes. You roll and turn around sound asleep and that's when his gaze falls on your neck which has a beautiful and peculiar design carved on it with ink which alerts his senses and the realisation hits him hard that he has seen you before, way before you was sold to him, before he even became king.

_______

Did you notice the pic in the multimedia box? This cover reveals a lot about the story.

Is the story getting boring? Just wait for the truth and then we'll get romance dose.

Please vote and comment. It won't take you even five minutes but it takes me hours to think about and write these stories.