Forty-three

His amusement filled eyes admire the painting on the easel. The same painting he got on one of the dates in Illsan, couple of years ago. He remembered how you had to remain in one position and the man would nag on even the slightest motion. Eventually it was all worth it.

Everything was pleasant back then. He had you and his grandmother by his side, the two people who meant the world to him. All of the misunderstandings were cleared and your relationship was blooming anew. It served as the start or probably as the sunny sky before the overcast. After returning to Shan was when it slowly sloped all the way down. Both who were closest to him left him at the same time.

He couldn't bring his granny back but determined not to let you leave him as well. The days and nights he spent sitting beside your morbid unconscious frame were no more different than torturing himself. Not able to do anything apart from waiting patiently for the day you'd open your eyes and smile at him the way similar to the one you used to, devastated him. Yet holding onto the last strings of hope he kept going, another day and then one more. Of course there were times he found himself at his worst, when the word hope turned out to be so small to rely on. But he didn't allow the dirt to pool in his brain for long. If there was mere one percent possibility, heck even lesser, he'd rely on that too, until the very end.

And when you finally woke up his sufferings, his sleepless nights spent in your wait, every single tear of his paid off. Apparently you had gone through a lot. He felt responsible for that. Now all he wishes is to shower you with love, care and affection he failed to express before.

"Tae..." Your soft drowsy voice calling out for him pulled him out from not-so-pleasant flashbacks. He wipes the tear - that succeeded in rolling down his cheeks before he could even notice - which remains away from your sight. Tearing off his gaze from the painting, he advances towards you with a genuine warm expression plastered all over his face.

"Why is my queen up so early?" It's still dark outside. He caresses your cheeks lovingly, looking softly at you like you mean the whole universe and maybe a couple of other galaxies to him.

Burying you face into his neck, you let out a quiet mumble, "I missed you." You fell asleep while waiting for him. With him staying by your side every day and night, you have grown habituated of seeing him as the first thing in the morning and the last before drifting off to slumber. These past couple of days were nothing but pure torture. He'd return late at night and by then time you wake up, he'd be already gone. Couple of times you woke up in the middle of the night only to snuggle closer and let his virile scent fill up your nostrils, granting you peace and solace.

Wide awake, you lean back to look at him and cup his jawline. Striking your thumb against his right cheek, you softly ask, "What took you so long?" Water droplets cascading down his bare upper half notifies that he showered up minutes ago.

"I was greeting the guests." Guests that mainly includes Kim couple parents along with some closest ones. The soon-to-be-parents mutually agreed to keep the ceremony private with only few people. Together with Seokjin he personally welcomed and greeted the guests with royal splendour and grace. Some of them arrived late at night. He insisted the elder to get some sleep, taking it all upon himself. The day following will be a special day for him. Seokjin assented without a word as the thought of his wife stroke past his nerves who must be waiting for him.

After all the anticipated guests were peacefully resting in their chambers, he went through everything for one last time making sure it was perfect and matched his liking before retrieving to you.

"Make up to me." You sulk, draping your arms around his neck.

"Gladly." With a chuckle, he merrily kisses your pout away. This clingy side of yours, to be honest he is quite fond of it.

Although you wish to spend time with him not to feel loved in the night and wake up to an empty bed the next morning, it becomes impossible to pull apart when the the ecstatic feeling of his saccharine lips moulding with yours makes your feel tingly all over your body.

"You are my" His words come in gasps as his thumb traced your swollen red lips

"My most beautiful sin." With that deep whisper on your lips, he enveloped your small mouth passionately with his own not leaving any room for air.

His big frame slowly hovers over yours and you instinctively lean down, inviting all the mutual desires longing to be fulfilled. His mouth works wonders on your sensitive neck in painting you in the myriad shades of him. The temperature escalates briskly and you feel heat radiating from every inch of you with him effortlessly disrobing you layers by layers.

Stomach sinking in, low gasps flow out of your mouth as his lips slid down in a wet trail of open mouthed kisses and greet your navel with a soft peck.

"Taee..." it comes out as a gasp of plead, of not to go any further. You rise your head slightly and meet his gaze before he leans up and engulf your lips in another deep kiss.

"I know."

A warm tear sneaks out and rolls down from the corner of your eyes. It's still a mystery how much time it'll take you to fully recover and be one with him.

"Don't." He wipes off the trailing water droplet.

"If anything that matters, it's you, safe and sound, here with me." With that, you feel a wet imprint on your forehead.

"Is this enough for now? Rest I'll make up to you tomorrow." You shake your head in negotiation. You want to stay awake with him because tomorrow when the morning hits, you'll again find yourself in an empty bed.

"No?" His eyes slightly widens and the very next second he pecks you all over your face making you break into your sweetest grin.

"Okay okay let's get some sleep, huh?" You cup his face. He needs to rest too. You can't be selfish.

"No." He seems to have another plans as he retracts from you and gets off the bed. Lifting the duvet to cover your bare upper half, you sit upright.

"Are you leaving?" The gloominess in your voice remains unnoticed.

"We are." He grabs hold of your clothes lying aside and quickly assists you in slipping into them.

"Where tae?" You look up at him.

"You'll know soon." With a soft smile he answers and effortlessly lifts you in his arms.

_____

📍1180 words; May 29, 22
📍This was supposed to be the last part but oh well it got too long.
📍Next part will surely be the final one.
📍I've exams starting from 3 June. I hope to finish this book before then.
📍How was this part? Please leave your views.
📍Your words mean alot to me.