Twenty-two

"So I finally get the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet the Slytherin King. This meager mortal is so glad to have a glimpse of you, majesty." The elder chimes and greets him with a bow sarcastically earning a chuckle from the latter in response who has just filed out from the royal court.

"I also wanted to meet you right away but today's court got bit too long." The King replies apologetically. Namjoon is more like a father than an elder brother to him. He wanted to welcome him warmly into the castle by himself but the court took much more time that he has anticipated. The minions responsible for your parent's death shamelessly named the dementors and death eaters involved along them in the act of slaughter. Well who wants to die alone when they didn't commit the crime alone. The horrendous creatures too were granted the worst possible ever castigation in the slytherin history while the couple of courtesans who courageously spilled out the entire truth were gifted accordingly.

"Well what was it about?!" Namjoon questions, looking at his side profile, once they begin to walk down the corridor. Taehyung inhales a deep sigh contemplating whether he should or not. He knows he can share anything with his elder brother and that makes their bond even more stronger and special. And eventually, he lets him know everything without telling him who exactly that girl is.

"If I'm not wrong, Isn't that girl queen?" Namjoon is quick to mutter out his surmise which proves to be absolutely true when Taehyung silently nods his head up and down in answer.

"What those two shitheads did is surely felony and I'm glad they have received the perfect possible castigation for it. Now no one would even dare to repeat their mistake, but..." The elder pauses his words as well as his steps and with his dimple smile, softly looks at the younger who awaits him to continue since Namjoon is a calm and solemn person. When he speaks gravely, his words weigh heavy from his experience and plethora of knowledge. His advices can solve even the hardest of problems whether royal or common, and his mere words are enough to convince anyone. Using right words at right time and in right amount is one of his fascinating traits.

After few seconds he smiles and adds, "But Taehyung don't you think it has given you something so amazing and precious to look after?"

The latter lifts up one of his brows and with a hidden sarcasm, questions, "Hyung, are you drooling over my wife?" and chuckles.

Snapping his index finger left to right, elder answers, "No, No, King I must say you are wrong here, no I've not met someone so pure and seeing those peculiar qualities in queen makes me respect her from the bottom of my heart" Verily, Watching you innocently playing with the timid creatures and strolling in the orchard has left a deep warm mark on his heart and well that's what they say first impression is the last impression.

"I know, that's why I married her." A subtle smile stretches the corner of his lips as the thought of you passes through his nerves.

Indeed, you are something he's proud of, even if you slap him thousand times, spit out cruel things to him or hate him from your deepest core. He couldn't bring himself to despise you even when he strived his hardest, he just couldn't erase his longing to just have a glimpse of you and now when he's aware of the reason behind your disdain for him and has eradicated them, his feelings for you intensify even more by the each following second.

Continuing their way ahead, elder begins, "Everyone in royal family is married now, I must find someone for me too." Taehyung places his hand on the latter's shoulders and replies, "What's there to rush hyung? Seokjin hyung also hasn't married yet."

"Yea until tomorrow." Namjoon deadpans.

Perplexed, he questions, "What do you mean hyung?!"

"You don't know. Do you?!"

The dumbfounded expression on the younger's face remains unchanged. What's there he doesn't know?

After releasing a deep sigh, the latter responses with the words, "Seokjin hyung is getting married tomorrow. Halmeoni had already left for Illsan with the Queen." That's where his mood goes all downhill yet his crestfallen state is immaculately concealed by his straight emotionless expression, his face exhibites.

He was excited to meet you after the culprits met their dead end and you get aware of the truth but now his excitement has been crumbled down into pieces. Why did you had to leave with his granny? At this moment, he couldn't help but feel jealous of his grandmother when he had done so much for you, live a life of ordinary villager for couple of days, even had to seduce the tavern prostitutes to get the truth out of their slutty lips, served the culprits to death and all you did was turn your back on him at the end but only if he knows.

As if it wasn't enough, one more thought pesters him. Everyone in the castle must know about it, he is sure of it. Why is he the last one to know about his cousin's marriage? But the question is Was he even there in the castle to know about it? He didn't stay to listen to his granny or read any of the imperial letters sent to him in past couple of days. Heck he hadn't even been there in the castle until yesterday.

●●●

"Queen, you must be tired from the journey. The sauna is prepared. Let us help you remove your clothes." A couple of maids advance towards you but you quickly decline their polite offer with the words, "No I'm habituated to doing this on my own, you may leave now, I'll call you when I may need you. Thanks for your help." Bathing is something you've always done by yourself without any assistance from the servants since you feel like they are invading your privacy. Along with it, the idea of getting everything done by servants, you don't admire that much.

After a healing and lethargy relieving sauna session, you change into the comfortable cloak and taking your place across the dressing table, begin to dry your tresses with the steam when the thought of him flashes across your mind. A feeling of extreme guilt washes over you remembering every single incident. You didn't know how to make it up to him or apologise to him. Heck you didn't even know how to face him after you had treated him so harshly when he was nothing but a complete sweetheart to you, contrasting his ruthless personality.

Thus by agreeing to come on this short journey to Illsan with his grandmother, you've bestowed yourself some more time to brood over and come with the right way to ask for his forgiveness when you too are well aware of the fact that you don't deserve it.

A knock on the door halts your train of thoughts. And as you allow, you are met with the very last person you would expect to meet right now.

__________________________________________________

Can you guys see Hansung coming?

1205 words
1.16K reads
01.43 am
Feb 05, 21