Forty-two

A melodious voice eliciting permeating the room fixes well in the harmony with the sweet chirping of the birds and adds to the grandeur of the dusk in the palace. The curtains seem to dance to the beat as wind plays with them. When that oddly familiar sound begins to fill your ears your slumber ends and eyes slowly blink open to life. Your head turn to the side, eyes falling on the culprit behind all this. There sits him, your pied piper, in the window, his one leg stretched in front and another bent supporting his left elbow as he flawlessly blows into the thin wooden pipe withdrawing out a soft melody. You've heard this before, in your dreams and not once but several times.

His disheveled strands falling on his forehead, turns out those suits him much well. You admire him unless a knock at the door steals away your attention. Wen Qing greets you with a bow. She places the bowl on the nightstand and reaches out to help you sit upright. She assists you in shifting in sitting position and adjusts the bolster behind you.

"Your grace, make sure to eat it before it gets cold." You nod at her.

"I shall take my leave." After bowing one last time, she turns her back towards you. Taehyung seems too lost in his world to take in any of happenings which you are glad for. This way you can relish his picturesque frame for some more time. Watching him endlessly blowing into the pipe reminded you of his granny and her love story she once narrated to you. You've imagined Taehyung playing guitar for you but he put up an even better surprise.

As the music ceases, you notice him lowering the pipe from his lips before opening his eyes and looking at you with a tender gaze.

"Staring is sort of a crime. Isn't it?"

He puts his feet down on the ground and steps towards you. Taking his seat across you, he reaches his fingers to stroke your cheeks.

"Is it?"

You softly ask receiving a quite hum and a small nod from him.

"Sentence me then." A giggle escapes your lips.

Fists closed, you extend out your hands towards him but he leans down and plants kisses in your palms before lifting his face up and pressing one against your temple which you, for sure, relished.

"Is that all? Is that my sentence?"

"You want more? Does my queen want more kisses?" His brow quirking up playfully, he pouts.

"I wouldn't say no to these intoxicating lips." Your fingertips trace his lips and he let you have your moment. By punishment, you didn't actually mean kisses but the offer is too good to be turned down. He gently cups your face in his large palm and presses a deep passionate kiss to your lips.

"Now that's a good morning for me."

As soon as you finish the medicinal porridge, drowsiness fills your eyes.

"Rest for a while queen." He leans down to plant feathered kisses on your temple. A quiet hum escaping your lips, you close your eyes and it doesn't take you much time to succumb to slumber.

"Sleep well love."

He lovingly caresses your silken tresses and slides them behind your ear, forbidding them to conceal your beautiful face from his view. Your chest heaves up and down rhythmically in stable breathing as lips part to relieve slow breathes, the plush ruby lips he can never get tired of kissing. After slowly and cautiously laying himself beside you, he coils his arm around you and pulls you closer. Fast asleep, you snuggle inside his chest. Breathing in your feminine lavender scent, he, too drifts off to a peaceful slumber.

The palace bustles with preparations. The holy ceremony is scheduled on tomorrow. As usual Soyeon accompanied you throughout the day as Taehyung is absorbed in making arrangements for the ceremony. He, personally, is handling most of the work. Rest is entrusted on the eldest prince over the hope that he won't cause any destruction. Seokjin feels like an outcast. Taehyung has forbid his presence in any of the work regarding ceremony. Taehyung phrased it as his gift to the couple. From their attires for the ceremony to sending invitations to other clans, Taehyung have been managing everything skillfully.

"Isn't it pretty?" Soyeon shows you the attire Taehyung personally had the royal tailors custom-made for her. Finest silk with decent amount of embroidery of gold on it, it's beyond what you can say beautiful. His choice can't be doubted, for once. Considering her pregnancy, Taehyung had ordered not to make it too heavy.He kept her comfort in mind.

"It's. You will steal the ceremony tomorrow." You chuckled earning soft giggles from her. it becomes impossible not to notice the excitement and joy glimmering in her eyes. It's probably the most happiest you've seen her.

"There's diamond jewelry too." She lines the jewelry boxes in front of you. All of them are pretty. Taehyung, himself delivered it to her yesterday. He turned up with flower bouquets, attire and matching jewelry. Soyeon was surprised. Never had she expected him to pay her a personal visit. Despite of the evident awkwardness, she greeted him sweetly and welcomed him inside her room. Taehyung replied her greeting with a bow and handing her the flowers, apologized for his rude behavior for the other day. Aware with his deep concern for you, she smiled and said it was nothing and with that the awkwardness between the duo turned into a sweet relation. 

"Your grace, I apologize to have interrupted your sweet talks..."

"Zhan.." Soyeon looks back at the owner of the voice.

She shifts her gaze back at you and gathering both of your hands in her, asks, "Have you told the king yet?"

You shake your head before answering,

"It's meant to be a surprise."

"He has been waiting for this moment like forever." Her eyes shine with tears of joy. She had seen him suffering, his wrecked devastated phase when you had almost left him. And now she can't be anymore happy for him.

"I am aware of that, just a bit more..." You smile sweetly and wipe her tears not knowing that your eyes are also swarmed up with the same.

_____

May 22, 22 ; 1025 words

Thanks to @aishitaeru_v I could write this chapter. You've been great source of motivation to me.

I've worked on this series after a long while. I hope you enjoyed this part. Next part will be final. I'm planning to finish volume 1 of this book her. 

This much drama is enough. Isn't it?

Please drop your reviews about the series. I hope you had a fun ride so far.