Twenty-three

Lips pressed in a thin line, a subtle awkward smile plays on his lips as he greets you. Returning the greeting back, you gently invite him inside your room. Perched across him, you rest your palm on your lap wondering why he would be here this late.

He clears his throat and somewhat tentatively squeaks, "Ah, I didn't know whom I should ask this, It's just I..." He trails off. It isn't hard to notice the hesitaiton evident in his voice as he looks down into his lap and sighs deeply.

"It's just bit...nevermind. it doesn't even matter that much." He breathes out. Deep inside, he knew it mattered much for him but he didn't want to make a fool of himself.

"If it's bothering you, it certainly matters." You flash him your gentle grin, attempting to ease his nervousness and comfort him. Once he seems tan bit relaxed, you add, "Now tell me what's the matter?"

Shifting his gaze from his lap at you, he answers, "I don't know what to gift Soyeon on our wedding night. You know that's a ritual and I can't come up with anything fascinating to give her." You look at him dumbfounded. Is that a ritual? Did Taehyung buy something for you too? He must have when it's a ritual. Now you begin to ponder over what it might have been. Considering your incredible date night, the gift also must have been something magnificent.

When he receives no reply from you, he takes it a cue and keeps on blabbering, "She has all sorts of accessories and jewelleries. That makes it even more hard to think of any gift for her. If Taehyung or Namjoon were here, I would ask them but they will arrive by dawn..." By dawn?! You don't even know how to face him nor do possess any idea of making it upto him. Seems like your plan of journey to Illsan sloped all the way down.

Noticing you spaced out, he snaps his fingers in front of your face, shattering your small trance before continuing, "Are you listening? What do you think? What I should give her? What did Taehyung give you?" What did taehyung give you? You choke on your air. Hell you didn't even get to see it.

"Orabeoni, that's a bit private?" You answer with a chuckle. Or what would you tell him when you yourself don't know?

Tapping your chin with your index finger, you ruminate for a while while he hopefully looks at you with keen eyes. "Ah I know what to gift Soyeon." His eyes lit up with sparkles and instantly follows his question, "What's that?!"

Smiling sweetly, you answer, "Considering that princess Soyeon has every luxury, the gift must be something ordinary yet extraordinary." Although your words apparently only seem to intensify his confusion which the perplexed expression of his face exhibits well.

Sarcastically, he further questions, "What are trying to say Slytherin queen? Please explain briefly and clearly to this imbecile groom." The choice of his words makes you cackle off.

"What I'm saying is that you know Soyeon more than anyone so only you know the perfect gift for her. It don't exactly have to be a material thing, it can be some moments spend at her favourite place, any thing she wishes to do or anything she loves. So seokjin oppa think with a calm mind and do what you are best doing at." You widely smile which he sweetly mirrors with a nod beckoning that he comprehends it all.

●●●

Turning around, the bride looks at you with an anxious face, nervousness and uneasiness plastered all across it and grabs your hand anxiously in hers. You grant her hands a slight squeeze and reassuringly smile, consoling her that it's gonna be okay. You've met her yesterday during dinner and due to her versatile personality, it didn't take you both much to become best friends. Soyeon is sweet and kind, a princess with the heart of unsullied gold. Seokjin is surely fortunate to have someone like her as his wife. Though it's an arranged marriage, you are sure that they will eventually fall for each other. Soyeon is one in thousands and so is Seokjin.