Twelve

As Taehyung pauses for a minute before climbing the first step, your gaze ascends the stairs which are in count of hundreds or maybe even thousands that anything visible at the end of them is canopy of the shrine and a flag over it. Will taehyung will carry you all the way to shrine? It'll take two days to return to the palace, you guess. Slytherins sure have some cruel rituals. Apparently what is the point of carrying your wife to the temple? You mentally ask yourself.

He sighs deeply before he put his feet forward, beginning to climb the stairs. You avert your gaze at him only to find his fixed higher at the flag as few droplets of sweat beads his forehead. Infact, he has carried you all the way here from the palace in his arms and the bright scorching sun isn't helping either.

The sweat now trails down his forehead as he keeps on stepping up without any pause while you tighten your arms around his perspirated neck which loosened your grasp around him. His scent of lavenders turns a blend of it with sweat. The bright orange-red sun mercilessly shines above his head and the beams fall on your face showing no generosity, compelling you to contract your pupils to block the light.

Taehyung shifts you in his embrace, trapping you tightly in his grasp. Although his hands hold you more firmly, yet it helps you by pressing your face into his chest and not, letting the light rays bother you anymore. You keep your face buried between the layers of his upper coat until what feels like eternity. You couldn't tell what make you fall asleep, the soothing voice of his heartbeats which is clearly audible to you or lack of sleep but it doesn't take you much time to drift off to your dreamland.

The King heaves a sigh of relief meeting the end of the stairs as he finally steps inside the shrine. He removes his grip around your thighs to put you down on your feet but ends up leaving you on ground, leaning against one of the shrine pillars after finding you emerged deep in slumber.

"I've been waiting for you, King." The patron appears and greets him. The king greets back before they proceed towards the inner sanctum of the shrine.

Taehyung watches the patron kneel down, prostrate himself before the idol placed in the middle of the chamber and spend some minutes in the same position. As he straightens himself up, he opens up a box and draws out a dazzling sword with his both hands before turning back to the King.

"This sword now belongs to you." The patron picks up a sword with his both hands and hands it to the king who later examines the sword vividly, running his fingers over the blade of the sword. He has heard about it from his grandmother. His father used to own it before he was born as his grandmother told him. This sword has been one of the legacy of Slytherins. When A king marries, this sword will be given to him and he can keep it unless he gets a heir. As he becomes a father, this sword will be returned to the temple only to await the heir marry and claim it as his own.

"King we should now start the wedding. Dusk is falling and the weather isn't not too well. It might rain anytime." The king nods and glances above at the grey and black clouds concealing the blue hue of the sky. He couldn't seem to notice when the weather took a drastic change but one can tell by the roaring and thundering of the clouds that it's gonna rain soon. And it won't be just rain, it's going to be an intense downpour.

"Wake up, you aren't allowed to sleep here." Someone shakes you gently hauling you out of your dreamland. Your eyes flutter open only to find a girl clad in a long cloak bent over you. She looks younger than you. Then it hits you. You hastily rise up from the ground and look around only to find you in the shrine. Whirling your vision around, you find him standing in the inner sanctum with the patron. The girl must be the patron's daughter, you guess.

"Who are you?" She softly asks, eyeing you up and down. By clothes, you don't seem someone common to her.

"I'm with him." You point at Taehyung. Now she slaps herself mentally. Her father has told that the King and Queen will be visiting today. How couldn't she recognise the empress?

"My apologies, I'm sorry for waking you up. You must be queen. Please forgive me queen." She distances herself from you and bows iteratively, blurting out apologies.

"Ah please, don't apologise. It's okay. I shouldn't be sleeping." You step towards her, reaches out to hold hers and squeeze them in a gentle manner. She smiles, blooming like a flower. Your kind gesture catches her off guard.

"The Slytherin Queen is surely great." She bows and leaves as you let go of her hands. Her vision traces you as you advance towards the inner sanctum of the shrine. Elegant, graceful and generous, that's what she think of you. To her, you are a figure of contentment and affection.

Taehyung doesn't even bother to glance at you as you stand by his side. Few moments later, patron beckons you to stand across each other for the vows so do you. He stares at you and you can apparently sense the disdain for you in those alluring pupils of his. Why is it always you who falls weak when it comes to him? Why you don't want to avenge anymore? Why does your conscience don't label him as murderer? You brood over the same questions but again arrive at no conclusion.

Your heart weighs heavy with the guilt that you can't even take revenge of your parents' death but there's nothing you can do to wash and wave away the overwhelming pangs of it.

Your lips instinctively anwers on their own as the patron reads out the vows. As his face nears yours, your breathe turns unsteady and it stops completely when his lips crashes on yours.

He pulls back and in low voice, whispers the words that only you could hear,

"You disgust me."