Thirty-eight

Thick sheet of dark grey clouds immaculately conceales the neon blue. Sun is somewhere stashing himself below the horizon. Not that anyone cares. People are more indulged in the enjoying the marvellous weather before rain once more makes a sudden appearance. Streets of shan are filled with subjects more than usual. A lot of folk is seen wandering around the town with their beloved ones. It drizzled in the morning for a short while after which a sheer coldness took over the panorama and everyone got to heave a sigh of relief from the deadly scorching summer. Taehyung took this as a right opportunity to visit the town for some inevitable purposes.

"Bring that one."

The seller fetches him the thing he pointed towards. He has already taken down and presented him almost all the toys hung in his shop yet the customer still don't seem to satisfy. People would look at lot of things but buy only one or two leaving him to arrange the remaining back in their former places. Although he's getting irritated, he tries his best not to show it. Taehyung is his very first customer for the day. Infuriating him is the last thing he wishes.

"How is it?" Taehyung asks his companion, showing him off the grey stuffed elephant. Zhan humms touching and observing the small toy which he finds really soft.

His patience meeting its end, the seller blurts out, politely, "Which one would you like to buy master?"

"We'll be buying all." Taehyung mutters casually, the words rolls off his tongue smoothly as if he just didn't proclaim to purchase his whole shop. As taehyung draws out the gold coins from the small cloth bag hanging at the side of his sash, the man's eyes widen thrice the normal size. Greed consumes his senses, he blurts out the price more than the actual one deeming his customer to be affluent. The latter doesn't seem to care and hands him the price he named and paces on their way ahead.

"Is that Wen Qing?" Zhan is quick to grab the latter's hand and stash two of them behind a stall.

"Namjoon hyung--?!" Taehyung squints his eyes, perplexed, observing the familiar couple walking in the middle of the street. The duo exchanges glances before looking back at the unexpected couple. Namjoon seem to be mumbling something which has Wen Qing laughing a small smile in further second and an awkward subtle smile takes over his lips too.

"They shouldn't be disturbed." Taehyung chuckles, a glint of amusement in his voice. Chuckling, Zhan agrees and after adjusting their wooden hats, the duo leaves their hideout.

Head downs, eyes solely focused on ground they decide to silently walk past the couple without getting noticed but in the further second, as a group of small kids come rushing and accidentally bumps into them, it feels improbable. In all such commotion, Wen Qing feels herself hitting the ground the next second but a pair of arms secure her beforehand. Her eyes open to meet with the beautiful pair of dragon ones and all thoughts slowly subside. On the other hand, Taehyung who had his wooden basket dropped, hastily refills it up with the toys lying scattered around in which Zhan assists him and before the another couple could get back to their senses, they undertake a quick disappearance from the place.

"That was near." Taehyung huffs out, wiping the sweat formed on his forehead with his sleeve. Zhan manages to hum among his pants, breathing heavily from how fast they've been walking.

"King have you ever tasted local beer?"

Stunned at the sudden question, Taehyung turns to the side and looks at the latter only to find him staring at the tavern in front of them, his lips curved up in a small amused smile.

"Umm No, let's try it out." With these being said, he climbs up the steps leading to the tavern followed by the latter.

As the employee takes his leave, after placing the small white pot and couple of glasses on the wooden table, Zhan is quick to pour the intoxicating liquid and extends a glass in his direction. Taehyung grabs a hold of the glass and chugs down its contents all at once, the queer taste stinging his tongue before burning all the way down his throat. Local beer had its own peculiarities, let alone the strong sharp taste that leaves one craving for another sip.

Taehyung shakes his head, shrugging off the taste stinging his nostrils before extending his glass for refill.

"Ah wang did you meet with Hanyo?" Questions Zhan, pouring the beer into his glass.

The latter shakes his head, negotiating. Hanyo has been constantly wishing to meet and have a conservation with him as Jungkook informed or to be precise implored yet his requests are crumbled everytime. Apropos to schedule, the marriage went well couple of weeks ago which he didn't attended personally much to her expectations. Today, in the evening, is her baby shower. What could possibly Hanyo wants to talk about? Taehyung mulls over the thought. Even still he can't bring himself to care any less.

"Think about it wang. In the end if something is left it's regret and that's always painful." The younger states, with so much equanimity and gravity in his tone that it makes taehyung reconsider his decision.

***

"I had a great time peha. Now allow me to leave." The girl shifts her gaze from the starry pitch black expanse to the ethereal male standing beside her. Being the King's elder brother, they also addressed him as the King yet it didn't arise any conflict of the power between them. Their bond lies far more stronger.

"Stay a little longer please." He pleads, wishing to treasure her company for some more moments before he has to leave the estate overmorrow. It's been more than six months since he last visited his own estate. Now that everything is pacing smoothly in Shan, he takes it as an opportunity to pay a quick visit to the state.

"As much as I want to, I can't. Master isn't here which relays it on me to check on the queen." The male nods in approval. No one is allowed inside queen's chamber late at night.

"Let's walk together then, I've not visited her for ages." He was handling the court work for the king was spending his time with you to the most he could.

As Wen Qing performs your daily diagnosis, that mainly consists of pulse rate, body temperature and blood pressure, he observes your asleep frame. The pallor on your face has completely disappeared and signs of life are indeed visible. The morbid blue tint of your lips is replace by the lively shades of ruby-pink.

"The queen will be soon laughing and talking with us." Wen Qing smiles, your hand grabbed in hers. It's the day they have been impatiently awaiting. Namjoon hums in agreement, his lips curved up in a small smile but soon the soft expressions of his face are overpowered by a complete daze in joy when your hands begin to move slightly and in the further seconds, your eyes starts to flutter.

______

📍1203 words; July 31, 21
📍This is trash but yea it's all I got now.
📍I'm getting back at this story and will try to update it more often, maybe two or three times a week.
📍leave a lot of comments for me guys...
📍your words mark a great change to my day..