Thirty-four

An awful worrisome silence fiercely grips the entire realm into ruthless clutches. Prayers are made to the almighty from the every single corner of the castle. Forthwith, Taehyung organised a special assembly to clear out your name from everything. The truth was entirely revealed to the subjects yet the final verdict regarding Hanyo was kept on hold for a while.

After dismissing the court, he straightway heads towards the prison where Hanyo is momentarily imprisoned for the time being. Head hung low, her chest heaves up and down in heavy audible pants. Her hands are chained with fetters to the side walls. The scorching daylight falling on her perspired body drains her of all energy.

"What should I do with you? I always thought of you more than a friend." Taehyung impassively asks, his hands folded at his back, posture stern as always.

"Friend?" Hanyo laughs a bitter chuckle and furiously yells, "I was your toy King Kim Taehyung. You used me when you wanted pleasure and left when you were satisfied. You came when you wanted to get rid of your thoughts, when you wanted comfort but you never came when I was hurting." Inhaling a deep painful sigh she adds, "I was there for you when you needed me but you never turned up when I was looking for someone to cheer me up. You took me in but never made me your woman. Instead, you married YN. She was picked from streets too. She didn't even save your life. And you married her not me. Do you even know what happened after you married YN?" She pauses and sighs deeply. By then tears are already streaming down her face like monsoon showers as the doors of years of pent-up feelings burst open.

YN saved me twice. He mentally remarks. If today he is safe, sound and most specifically alive, he owes it all to you.

After couple of seconds of silence, she resumes with a bitter laugh, "How would you know? Let me tell you, After you married YN, people in the castle badmouthed me. They called me dirty names behind my back. I saved your life and this is what I get in return." Taehyung didn't even have an idea Hanyo was suffering this much. She always looked bright and cheerful. Only if she had earlier let him in her secrets. Not even once had he thought of her as his toy. He did 'it' because he thought they both enjoyed, seeking solace in each others arms with their legs entangled. Taehyung can't be considered at fault either. Hanyo never bothered to open up about her feelings. Instead, she accepted to suffer in the dark. If anything their relationship lacked, a proper conversation it was.

Although her words melts his heart a tad bit, the memory of his grandmother's demise stiffens it back. As he steps closer to the bars, a person rushes and falls on his knees before him. With joined hand, he cries out his plead, "Wang please go easy on her, she's pregnant."

Taehyung spares him a glance. Indignant, he exhales, "Jungkook." What's his relation with Hanyo that he's taking her side? But he's more concerned about his words.

"What rubbish you are spilling?" He harshly spits out, kicking the male knelt before him. His eyes throwing daggers at him. Whimpering, Jungkook falls on the side holding his stomach.

"Don't you dare hurt him Kim Taehyung." Hanyo threatens him, yelling on the top of her lungs.

Grabbing the latter by his collar, Taehyung pulls him up in a jolt and cocking one of his brow, questions, "Ah Why? What is he to you?" Hanyo isn't the person to save a meager makeup artist. They surely have some chemistry.

"He's the father of my unborn child. Now leave him. He has nothing to do with this all." She rages, grabbing onto the chains.

"Halmeoni has nothing to do with this all too. You didn't spare her. Did you?" He asks through his gritted teeth, brow raised, his right hand lifting Jungkook higher in the air through his throat.

"No, It was always your granny from the beginning. She never liked me just because I was an illegitimate child. My mother was a prostitute. Was that ever my fault? She never left any chance to insult me. She never let you marry me and you say she had nothing to do with this?!" She rolls her eyes and laughs a mocking chuckle. Indignant, Taehyung tightens his grip around younger's throat, blocking his air passage such that his breathing suffocates profusely. Jungkook begins to cough.

"Leave him Taehyung. Scourge me all you want but leave him. He's innocent." She shouts out in pure wrath, stepping closer to the bars only to be end up dragging back by the fetters in the very next minute. Jungkook is precious to her or as that's what it seems like, exactly the same way, for him you are worth your weight in gold. He can't bear the fact that she's the sole reason you are struggling between life and death now. As the wrath swallowing his insides, takes a toll on him, he acrimoniously snaps back, "YN, What did she do? It was my choice to marry her. She was innocent then why did you drag her in your skulduggery?"

Hanyo is quick to retort back with the same ferocity. Tears streaming down her face, she shouts, "She was never innocent. She stole you. She stole Jungkook from me." Hanyo despised you since the day you married Taehyung but after grand queen assigned Jungkook to you, her disdain for you multiplied profusely. Hanyo yearned revenge, from you, from taehyung and also from the old lady who separated her from her lover. Jungkook earlier used to serve Hanyo and that was when the duo caught romantic feelings for each other. Since he was the best following Jimin, grand queen assigned him to you after Jimin left. She couldn't bear an illegitimate girl having best of luxuries and wanted the best only for you.

Taehyung has stayed there more only if a maiden hadn't turned up and notified him about something that instantly compelled him to dash out from there, providing the lovebirds their privacy.

"Forgive me Hanyo. I can't do anything for you." Jungkook shatters into endless tears, his hands wrapped around the bars slowly slide down. The poor boy listlessly falls on his knees. Even if what she did isn't something forgivable, he can't help but feel miserable of himself being helpless to protect his love. In his opinion, Hanyo isn't a villain. She never was one. Instead, she is a mere cracked up girl who craves only sincere affection and genuine care. He has seen her striving hard to pull her tears back keeping up with her strong facade, he has seen her shouting in her pillows and crying herself to bed until there were no tears left to cry.

"It was my fault Jungkook. Don't blame yourself." Hanyo weeps with him. She wishes if she could breakthrough these metals chains and wipes the tears rolling down his cheeks. Jungkook can't be the one at fault when she didn't even let him in her plans. He was unknown to everything she has plotted so far.

"I should be the one apologizing. All you wanted was a normal life with me but I, I ruined it, only because I wanted revenge. I'm sorry guk. You loved a wrong person." She drops her head low, whispering the last part. The male doesn't seem pleased by the choice of her words and lifting his head to look at her, rebukes, "don't say that you moron." And a small giggle escapes her lips.

As her doe eyes locks with his pair of pearly ones, he sweetly adds,

"Falling for you was never a mistake, my love. It was a moon trip from the beginning and it never came down."

________

1325 words

7:52 pm

June 17, 21

Please leave lots of comments for me.