Twenty-eight

Paper lanterns, dreamcatchers, paper chandeliers and similiar sorts of articles are gracefully made to hung on the stalls lining the way and there are street vendors selling obnoxiously myriad sorts of wooden toys. These all reminds of you a single place. Lorelai. It's etched in your memory like no other.

"Lorelai?!" You mutter out loudly for conformation. Taehyung, too was envisaging the busy bustling streets of the town. Without looking at you, he nods, humming. He knew it was the perfect venue for the date. Lorelai is a small town, not far away from his capital but this small town is incredibly mesmerising sight during spring fairs.

"I think I already know what you are planning." You chuckle.

He turns to look at you and questions with big eyes, "Oh do you? What's it then?"

"Spring fair. Isn't it?" You smile. It'd be your second time here. Back then you were eight when you first visited it with your parents, ten years ago. Of course for spring fair but that spring fair took so much from you. You lost your brother, your only older sibling in the crowd. No matter how hard your parents tried afterwards, it all remained vague and you never got to see him ever again. Since that incident, your parents began to kinda despise lorelai and nor did once retrieved to this place. It had deprived them from their only son.

"Lorelai is much more than the spring fair." He pats your head. Since you are shorter, he loves to do this.

"And what comes in that much more?" You question, your curiosity perking up in your nerves. He laughs at how impatient you was and replies, "you'll get to know soon."

Moments later, out of nowhere he questions, "would you like to have some sweets?" And your vision trails off to where his was, at a nearby stall, selling diverse kinds of sweets for which lorelai is famous for.

He ends up buying many, making sure to buy each one of every kind. The seller, who is an old man, hands him a small brown bag in exchange of the three silver coins. You were about to hand the old man money but taehyung proves to be fast. After that day when you got your portrait done and he had no money, he had mentally noted to must take some money with him before leaving the palace.

The fire laterns being continuously left in the sky, childrens scurrying here and there, by every second escalating hustle bustle of the surroundings makes you dawn upon the fact that you are now in the fair and the first thing that catches your attention turns out to be the toy stall. As always, it's packed with people. Visualising the thronged sight floods your head with lot of memories.

"Oppa, I want that toy." Little girl stomps her feet on the ground while pointing towards a toy. Her brother looks at the crowded shop. It sold wooden articles and hence was crowded. Wooden toys were just one of them. Even the sight of the thronged folk gave him headache but he knew he couldn't see tears in her small eyes who are always filled with sparks.

He knelt on the floor to reach her eye level and with worry glistening in his crescent eyes, spoke, "Oppa will get that for you but stay here, don't go anywhere before I come." He left a peck on her forehead which was enough to prove how worried he was on leaving her alone in the crowd especially when they had escaped from their parents to enjoy the fair alone by themselves.

She watched her elder brother disappear into the crowd, standing at the same place for a while unless the sight of freshly cooked riceballs on a distant stall began to tempt her hungry stomach. She looked back at the crowd and then at her growling stomach, murmuring, "oppa won't be back soon. I'll just get that and come back."

"YN, you've been staring at that toy shop for so long. Do you want one for you or for our future children?" He chuckles, his eyes twinkling with a glint of amusement. You imperceptiblly flinch at his voice, as your trance shatters unexpectedly but soon recomposing yourself, you shake your head in negotiation.