Thirty-six

By the time Taehyung arrives in your chamber, Zhan is already settled near your unconscious figure, eyes closed, lips moving in inaudible spells, his fingertips sliding leisurely on your forehead, framing invisible patterns. As an immense feeling of relief washes over him, he inhales a deep sigh. His restlessness disappears by bit and his heart feels relieved. Now that Zhan is here you'll be fine. He releases his breathe he didn't know he has been holding and slowly steps closer to the bed.

"Wen Qing, open the windows, let the cool breeze in." The mentioned girl nods with a slight bow and walks off to open the casements. 

Pulling his hands back, Zhan opens his eyes and stands up from the bed. Hands folded at his back, he turns towards King and in a calm tone proclaims, "The Queen has lost her will to live. We'd need some time to revive her extinct willpower to transcend her sickness and help her achieve a better health." He gravely utters his last words looking at your morbid frame, receiving a nod from the King.

Taehyung is willing to wait to see you smile, to witness you looking at him with your starry beady eyes, to hear you call out his name in the sweetest voice ever possible, to scoop you immaculately in his embrace and let whole night pass like that, to kiss your small mouth and watch your face turn ten shades of crimson red, to rub invisible patters on your torso and notice you getting flustered unless you'll end up burying your reddened face in his neck, all again. As he remembers all those moments, the patience he has been building in himself comes crashing down to the ground turning him impatient for the day you'll wake up.

Clocks ticks without waiting for anything, days passes and turn to weeks that later morph into months. Half an year vanishes away like that. Although his hopes were crashing down to the ground, he braces himself to be optimist all the time, brushing every pessimistic thoughts off his head. Every night he'd go to bed with the thought that tomorrow he'll get to see you smiling and looking at him, the only piece of hope that kept him going one more day since all these months and still does.

Seokjin had to leave sooner or later, being the king he's. Soyeon pays you visit twice a month. Fortunately Namjoon has decided to stay in the Shan unless things revert to like once they were before. During this apathetic period, he has been there for his younger sibling every time Taehyung would be at his square one wanting nothing but to see you awake once again. Even he is the most sanguine one, there have been quite times when he'd feel despair and gloom seeping into his heart, mind, body and soul, overshadowing his every buoyant and bright thoughts. And to get rid off them, luckily he had Namjoon, a man of wisdom and intellect. 

Although your world has paused for a while, others' hasn't. Hanyo is six months pregnant. Taehyung was generous to spare her child since somewhere in all this he was also guilty and the unborn soul is purely innocent. He pays her visit twice a week, ensuring that her child is growing healthily. She's still imprisoned yet with the best treatment faculties. A vedic and some maidens are assigned to her for 24/7. Jungkook is also allowed to meet her whenever he wishes since he too was oblivious to her conspiracies. He spends most of his time with her.

Taehyung paces on his way towards the practicular cell that's especially separated from the others'. Once arriving, he spots the couple immersed in cherishing their brief moment and forthwith halts his steps wondering whether to step ahead or not. It's only two of them in the cell. They must have wanted some privacy. While Hanyo is laying on the bed, Jungkook is sitting beside her caressing her big belly before leaning down and pressing his lips on the thin fabric covering her baby bump. He rises up from his position and plants a gentle peck on her forehead. Her once cherry red lips are pale, pregnancy getting onto her yet her eyes shine with sparkles of joy. She's more than happy to be able to give birth to her child, a living form of their true love.

To gain their attention, He clears his throat once standing on the other side of the bars.

"Taehyung." Hanyo let out a low whisper shifting slightly from her position so as to sit. Jungkook assists her leaning her back against the bolster.

"Don't move. I'm not here to talk to you." Taehyung ticks her off rudely without sparing her a mere glance. Never once he talked to her since all these months. He couldn't bring himself to forgive her after what she has done. As always, he turns towards her lover and questions, "How is baby doing?"

"Wang, she's healthy and has a strong heartbeat." Jungkook answers with his head down in a small bow.

"How do you know it's a she?"

"Vedic told us."

"Take care of her."

And with these mere last words, he turns his back towards the couple and dashes out of the place. Hanyo opens her mouth to say something but shuts it soon when nothing comes out. Earlier she was burning in the intense flames of revenge yet now when she reflects upon her actions which were solely driven by impulse and fury, she couldn't help but feel guilty. Taking someone's life is undoubtedly brutal and she couldn't be anymore ashamed of herself for performing it twice. Now that a life is growing inside her, she can't even think of taking another. The unborn soul has surely changed her a lot. If not for herself yet for this pure soul, she has to cleanse herself off all sins so that her child won't ever be abashed of her mother.

On the other side of the castle, Taehyung has perched himself in the window, one leg flattened ahead while spare one is bent as he plays his flute with his eyes shut drowning himself completely into the soothing melody. The evening breeze flooding inside the room compells his hairs to sway with it to the side. The curtains seem to do their small boogie-woogie as if enchanted by the melodious sound erupting from the wooden instrument. Ever since Zhan told him that music serves as a peculiar medicine, he hasn't let go off any day without playing his flute for you. Sometimes, he'd even show his extraordinary skills on guqin yet it hasn't been of any help yet since your pale frame still lays motionless on the bed, trampling over his every hope.

The dusk falls over the town of Shan but he's so immersed in his flute that he doesn't dawn upon the murk descending over the surroundings nor Zhan who's here for your usual night diagnosis. Zhan doesn't bothers himself to snap the king out of his trance and relishes the sweet voice instead, proceeding on his way towards your bed.

His lips curve upwards, face lightens up as soon as he notices something unusual that's he quick to call out King for.

"Wang."

His mere call proves enough to draw him out of his world. As his gaze falls on Zhan standing near the bed, he quickly recoils from his posture, puts his feet down and steps towards the latter.

"Is there any improvement?" Comes out of his mouth as smooth as butter. In fact it's the question he has been frequently asking since half an year yet answers were always despairing.

And in the next second as he receives a nod, his heart beat escalates, senses go numb with joy and heart starts performing flips in his stomach.

"Queen...

she can feel your touch now."

______________

📍1323words
📍July 8, 21
📍Aah i finally updated 😁
📍Please leave lots for comments for me guys.
📍How is this story going?
📍Do you like it so far?