Thirty

"The marriage will take place tomorrow."

With the last one announcement, King storms out of the main court. Heads bowed down in his reverence but as soon as he vanishes from the sight, the mentioned place immediately breaks down into bazillion whispers and gabbles.

Forthwith, he heads towards the royal grove. They buried her where she has always wished to. This place is restricted to only royals. As his legs deceive him, he drops his weight down on his knees and with moistened eyes, places the flowers near her stone. His chest tightens with the excruciating agony and his head drops down, his tears now falling on the ground. Eyes blood red, his nose was running. He weeps miserably. From inside, he felt hollow. Not a single day has passed without him visiting her.

Soon, as the wrath and vengeance afflicting his body and soul, overpowers his gloominess, he can't refraim himself from wiping his tears and his runny nose with the back of his hand. The flame of revenge flaring in his eyes seems unwavering as he lifts his head up and stares at her stone without blinking, uttering the words, "I'll make her beg for death but death still won't come to her. It'd come when she'd want and expect it least."

***

The first rays of the day cascade on your wet, stained cheeks, effortlessly easing its way through the metal skylight projected in the wall at a certain height. Despite its tiny size, it overfloods the murky cell with plethora of daylight. Face etched in a frown, few groans and whimpers escape your mouth with clogged wet eyelashes fluttering open. Your throat is parched, drier than a desert. Rising up from the firm, stiff rugged surface, you feel agonising ache shoot in your entire back. You glance down, your hands are mercilessly chained with heavy iron fetters which have bestowed the flesh encompassed by them dark contusions and deep red brusies.

On sitting upright, your vision screens and you are met with a sight of foodtray, few metres away from you. They give you meal thrice a day but not even a mere bite has cruised down your throat since the day one. You refused to eat and drink unless King come to meet you on his own and he never did. It's wonder that you are still surviving without a speck of food from an entire week.

You lean your head against on the wall, dry pale lips parting to relieve whinces of pain. Desregarding food, you've become feeble and skinnier. Yet your determination to meet him is still stern and same as the day one. Only if he could let you explain yourself, scratch that, only if he had trusted you enough.

Flashback -

As soon as the news break to two of you, you don't waste anymore time and scurry off to her room. In the middle of the bed, she motionlessly laid with an worrisome peace on her pale face, white foamy liquid trailing down from the corner of her lips. Beside her, sat the royal vedic, every once a while wiping the milky liquid sneaking out from her mouth. You rush towards her side and grabbing her hand in yours begin to call her, "Halmeoni, Halmeoni." Vigorously, you shook her by her shoulder several times but when it yielded no result, you looked at the vedic. She shook her head. You looked down at her and now there was no more liquid coming out of her mouth. Life had faded out from her. A silent tear rolled down your cheeks. It seemed like everything around you stopped for a couple of seconds. As soon as reality hit you like a dagger that she was now no more, you miserably shattered down into myriad tears.

Taehyung gestured everyone to leave and grabbing you by your shoulder, rose your sobbing figure from her lifeless one.

"This can't happen. She can't leave us tae." You cried out, looking at him. He pressed his hand on the back of your head, pulling you into his chest. He exhaled a deep painful sigh, suppressing his sobs. Eyes were a pool of tears but he didn't allow them to escape. And chest felt suddenly heavy as if all the air was sucked out from his lungs. His breathe suffocated terribly. It felt like as if thousands knives were plunged into his body at the same time.