Thirty-one

A voice resonates, slashing through the thick-silence of the vacant corridor, shattering its lurid serenity into pieces. You have your second visitor after a long while. Namjoon was generous enough to pay you a visit before. He came on the day of her funeral. In fact, That was when he got to know and straightaway ran here. You didn't even know before why you were caged in such a terrifying place but he patiently answered your every question. Although what Taehyung did hurted you, you was also glad that Namjoon trusted you too much to believe the accusation imposed on you. Still, you couldn't completely win against the slight yet strong hope embedded in your heart that Taehyung won't believe in any of this. Although it might feel entirely absurd, you couldn't let go of it.

As the reverbating sound of footsteps fill up your ears, you immediately rise up from the ground and clutching the bars, hopefully look at the silhouette stepping closer. Oh how bad you wish it to be Taehyung. But the person has a hood covering his face. Taehyung won't ever need a hood or will he?

Ceasing his steps in front of you, the person chucks his hood back and your heart sinks down, once again. The same hood, the same person.

"Orabeoni." You stretch your lips in a weak smile, voice not more than a tiny whisper. Namjoon feels sorry. Watching you in such a state and not being able to do anything, is itching him to his core. The small smile plastered on your feeble face couldn't help but made him feel even more helpless.

"Orabeoni, say something. How is he doing?" You softly squeak, referring to the king. In fact, Taehyung has lost his grandmother whom he loved so much. His words stay buried in his throat, he can't bring himself to intimate you about the present on goings of the castle. Preparing himself with a deep and large inhale of oxygen, he presses his lips into a thin line and with a small nod, breathes out, "He's fine." Considering the apparent reluctance evident on his face, you straightforwardly question, "what's it?"

"Queen, we need to do something real and quick." Your brows crease together in perplexion, not deeming well what's referring towards.

His head drops down in disappointment, he mutters, "Taehyung, I always felt like I knew him but what he's going to do, proves me wrong."

"What are you talking about?" You impatiently ask, worried and desperate. His words force you to wonder what taehyung is up to. He lifts his head up and is met with your puzzled expression. You'd be the only person who doesn't know about it. The whole castle is bustling with its preparations. Even though the workers serving you food three times a day didn't bother to inform you anything. And if they even did, it wouldn't have brought any change. You are caged here and will be, for only he knows how long.

"Tomorrow, he's marrying Hanyo." He eventually breaks it out to you. Heart crumbled into pieces, your mind stops processing for minutes.

A week?

A mere week.

Was that all he needed to move on from you? Were you that much easy to forget?

But then you remember,

Oh you supposedly poisoned his grandmother. He has his reasons to hate you.

"We don't need to do anything. Let him marry her if that's what he wishes." Your lips tug in a bitter smile. If he desires to forget you like you were of no significance for him and tie his knots with Hanyo, you won't be an obstacle for him. However, Namjoon doesn't like the idea of it, not even a tad bit. He's quick to voice out his displeasure as, "She's not the right person. Only you are right person for him." You let out a bitter chuckle. 

"I'm not. How I can be? In fact, I killed his granny." Nothing means anymore. You've turned numb to everything around you. Even if taehyung subjects you to death for the crime you never committed, you'd accept it without a mere word in protest. How beautiful would be the death coming from his hands!