Final

You play with the baby in the crib

You play with the baby in the crib. The little one gapes at you with the pair of round starry eyes of her that exactly resembles her father's.

"She is so adorable." You awe at the sight. Her toothless giggles fill the serenity of chamber with the sound of rattling toys attached to her crib, making a smile creep over your lips. You tempted to lift her up in your arms and boop her small nose.

Cautiously you cradle the baby in your arms but she is quick to cry out her displeasure.

"Tae, she's crying. Do something." You instantly panick as her loud cries echo in the room. You pat her on the back muttering sweetnothings, sway her from left to right, try everything you can to calm her down yet all in vain.

"She must be hungry." The thought strikes past his nerves.

"I don't know. Do something please." You plead, extending the baby towards him. He doesn't move an inch with the clear hesitation plastered all over his face.

"She won't pee on you if that's what you worried about."

"That's not it." He is quick to negotiate the accusation. He hasn't held her once in her arms. He just couldn't bring himself to do it.

But when her cries doesn't seem to cease any soon, without a mere thought, he reaches out, "Give her to me."

After you leave the small creature in his grip he gently rubs her back in soothing manner, pressing her closer to his chest. Striding left and right, he softly whistles and rocks the baby back and forth. His gentle actions calms her down and once the little one relaxes, he carefully tucks her back into the crib.

"Look she already likes you." You chuckle at the unfolding sight. Her small fingers are wrapped around his index one, refraining him to pull away as her round bambi eyes innocently peers at him.

"Do you?" Taehyung questions, kneeling beside her crib. In response, she only stares at him unless her attention is stolen by her father. She immediately let goes off taehyung's finger and squeals, clapping her hands together.

"You don't. You only like you father." Taehyung scrunches his nose at her earning lovely giggles from her as she thrusts her hand into his face. You feel your heart soften. A child is clearly a blessing.

"I'll feed her." Jungkook excuses himself. He keeps her engaged in his small talks while she sucks the milk from her feeding bottle.

"Now I'm impatient to meet Soyeon's child." You laugh a little, unable to conceal your curiosity as he heads towards the gazebo.

"Says the one who doesn't know how to calm a baby." He deadpans.

"Aren't you the sweetest, King?"

"I am." He chuckles.

In the darkness of the night, the grove glows with the lights spangling it beautifully. Not just the grove, the whole palace is perfectly lightened with decorations.