Not So Different

Y/N POV

I walk down the hall getting back from the training room. For the past two years I have been training hard in hopes of activating my semblance. That's right I, Y/N L/N a Huntsman, do not have a semblance. Now I know what you're thinking, what is a Huntsman without a semblance doing at a school designed to help its students harness and control their semblances? Well, the answer to the question is simple, I had enough combat skill to get accepted into this school; that and I also wanted to be close to my close friend Jeanne Arc.

She is somewhat in the same boat as me, she hasn't found out her semblance yet but I think she is close to figuring it out. I walk into the cafeteria to get something to eat when I see Jeanne getting bullied by Cardin; I sigh and go help her.

Y/N: "Let her go."

Cardin: "Well if it ain't the boy without a semblance."

He and his crew laugh while I just stand there.

Y/N: "I want you to leave Jeanne alone."

Cardin: "Why do you protect someone who is as weak as you?"

Y/N: "Because she is my friend and I look after my friends."

Cardin: "Hmph, boys."

His team knock me to my knees and hold my arms behind me. Cardin then stands in front of me and begins punching me over and over.

Jeanne: "Leave him alone!"

She tries to pull Cardin back but he tosses her to the side.

Cardin: "Stay out of this girly."

He kicks me in my stomach and I am left winded. Jeanne draws her sword and swings it hitting Cardin in his head. He is knocked out and his team looks at Jeanne in shock.

Jeanne: "Get away from him."

They back off and drag Cardin out of the cafeteria. Jeanne puts away her sword and helps me up.

Jeanne: "Are you okay?"

Y/N: "Yeah, just caught me off guard is all."

Jeanne: "Does it hurt?"

Y/N: "A little."

Jeanne holds her hands near me and her hands glow yellow. Pretty soon the pain goes away and I look at Jeanne.

Y/N: "Was that your semblance?"

Jeanne: *smiles* "Yep."

Y/N: "When did you discover it?"

Jeanne: "Last night after I accidently hit my head."

Y/N: "You always were clumsy."

Jeanne: *pouts and lightly hits me* "Jerk."

*timeskip to tournament*

Sirens blare as Grimm invade the city, I swing my swords and cut down a horde of Beowolves. A Ursa manages to cut open my back but I quickly behead it. I make my way to the others when I see Pyrrha looking up at Beacon tower.

Y/N: "Pyrrha, what's wrong?"

Pyrrha: "It's Jeanne, I can't find her."

Y/N: "Where did you last see her?"

Pyrrha: "Around here."

???: "Argh!"

I look and see Jeanne's shield fall from the top of Beacon tower. I get angry and feel something tingling inside of me. I take one step and instantly I am on the top of Beacon tower. I see Jeanne about to be cut down so I run to her. I swing my sword and knock the woman away. She tries to hit me but I easily dodge her attacks and deliver my own. She screams in anger and hurls fireballs at me; I walk through them when I catch one and throw it back at the woman. She gets flung back and knocked to the ground.

Woman: "No! I can't be beaten the easily!"

She goes to attack me but I sidestep and chop the back of her neck knocking her out. I stare at the Grimm still out there and hold up my hand. A giant ball starts forming in my hand and soon splits into several beams which kills all of the Grimm. The sirens stop, Atlas reinforcements arrive and the woman is taken into custody. I walk over to Jeanne and see she has stars in her eyes.

Jeanne: "That was amazing Y/N. Was that your semblance?"

Y/N: "I think so."

Jeanne: "Guess you finally found it."

Y/N: "Yep, and all it took was to see the woman I love in danger."

Jeanne:*red faced* "Love?"

Y/N: "I love you Jeanne and I have since we were kids."

Jeanne gets up and hugs me.

Jeanne: "I love you too."

She stands on her tiptoes and we kiss each other as the sun starts to slowly set.