Evil Wannabe

Y/N POV

Voice: "Hear me citizens of Vale! Today shall be the day gloom and dread consume the world. For I shall bring a plague of chaos upon all of you. Fear me for I am your doom!!!!"

As expected everyone either walks by or smiles bidding their hello.

Voice: "Y/N, no one's taking me seriously!!"

That my dear friends is my good friend Salem. For context she was born with a rare skin condition that made hers significantly paler from everyone else's. Because of this she got it in her head that she's some kind of great queen of Grimm. Grimm of course is nothing but a fictional beast from famous tv show Grimm Adventure.

Salem: "Y/N!"

I peek up from my scroll.

Y/N: "What?"

Salem: "How am I supposed to be a super villain if no one takes me seriously?"

Y/N: "Has it ever occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, you're not cut out to be a villain?"

Salem: "But I am a super villain. I'm as pale as Grimm. It's my destiny."

Y/N: *to self* "You'd think she'd outgrow this childish dream. But at least it keeps her out of trouble so I probably shouldn't complain too much."

Her stomach loudly rumbles.

Y/N: "Hungry?"

Salem: "Yes."

Y/N: "Come on."

I lean off the building and walk us to a restaurant. Ordering her some food she begins scarfing it down.

Y/N: "Might wanna slow down."

Salem: "Nonsense, an evil villain needs all the food they can get in order to hatch evil ideas."

By muscle memory I hand her a drink as she begins coughing. She gulps half of it down sighing.

Salem: "Perhaps I should slow down."

She eats at a much more reasonable pace. When she's finished we head to the evil lair. In truth it's actually an air BNB that my dad was gracious enough to buy to help fuel Salem's illusion. It's pretty big. It's got about five rooms, a basement designed to look like a laboratory and a intricatly designed evil meeting room.

Y/N: "So what's the plan for today?"

Salem: "My attempt at establishing my name failed. So for now I'll work on hatching an evil plan."

Y/N: "Good luck with that, I'll be in the kitchen if you need me."

*that night*

I make my way down the hallway when I hear cluttering behind a door. Opening it I see Salem busy working on a shelf.

Y/N: "What're you doing?"

Salem: "Organizing my shelf of potions."

By potions she's referring to vials filled by dyed water. I look and notice the shelf getting ready to give way.

Y/N: "I think you should stop. You could fall."

Salem: "I'll be-"

Before she can even finish her sentence the shelf snaps. Salem falls onto her butt. The vials rattle before falling on her. Some shatter spilling the water on her soaking her clothes.

Y/N: "I warned you."

I help her up.

Y/N: "Go get a shower and I'll wash your clothes."

She does just that. Once her clothes are in the washer I see Salem laying on her bed.

Y/N: "Feel better?"

Salem: "Much."

I sit down next to her.

Y/N: "What're the plans for tomorrow?"

Salem: "Continue my campaign of conquest."

Y/N: "Well you better get to sleep so you can get a jump on it."

She flips onto her side going to sleep. My scroll then dings. Looking I see it's a text from Ruby.

Ruby: "She asleep?"

Y/N: "Yep."

Ruby: "Want me to tell the others to be ready for tomorrow?"

Y/N: "Yeah. I'll set up everything."

Ruby: "You're a nice guy for going to these lengths for her."

Y/N: "Shut up. I just want what makes her happy."

Ruby: "Sure."

I can feel the sarcasm in that comment. I smile turning my scroll off and looking at a sleeping Salem. I cover her with the blankets and kiss her forehead.

Y/N: "Night my sweet conqueror."

I walk out of her room and go set up her fight with her 'enemies'.