We Meet Again

3rd POV

The sun rises on Beacon Academy. Students rise to greet the day. Jumping into the second year dorms we see Velvet sitting up in her bed. After a long yawn she looks at her scroll at the date. She frowns seeing what day it is, today marks the tenth year her dearest friend went missing. She pulls herself out of bed to get dressed for the day. As she clothes herself her teammates notice her sad demeanor.

Coco: "You okay Vel?"

Velvet: "It's just that today's a sad day."

Yatsu: "What's it been? Ten years now?"

Velvet: "Yeah."

Fox: "We're here for you Velvet. If there's anything you need then don't hesitate to ask."

Velvet: *half smile* "Thanks guys, I'm sure I'll be alright."

They leave their dorm and head to class. While the teacher goes over the lesson Velvet doodles in a notebook. She finishes a drawing of a man with H/C hair and E/C eyes. Above him is the phrase never forget. She sighs when the bell rings. As she leaves the classroom her team leader stops her.

Coco: "Initiation's today. Let's go watch it, that always cheers you up."

Velvet nods heading with her team to watch this years initiation. They watch the screen in the cafeteria right as the students get flung into Emerald Forest. The camera switches to several students before landing on one in particular. 

This student is wearing a cloak and a mask that covers their face. They easily cut down a horde of Grimm which quickly amazes everyone.

Coco: "Say, they've got some skill. No doubt they'll pass initiation."

Velvet simply nods while continuing to watch this student. They effortlessly take on a Deathstalker before heading back to the auditorium. Velvet and her team watch from the balcony as the teams are formed.

Ozpin: "That just leaves one more student. Please head onto the stage."

They walk onto the stage as the footage of their fight is played behind them.

Ozpin: "Since there wasn't enough students and you possess exceptional combat I've decided to place you on your own team. From this day onward you'll be Beacon's first one man team,"

The student pulls down their hood and takes off their mask revealing his face.

Ozpin: "Y/N L/N."

Velvet's eyes widen as some tears begin falling down her cheeks.

Coco: "Velvet?"

She walks out of the balcony towards Y/N. She catches him walking towards the dorms.

Y/N: "You need something?"

Velvet: "Is that really you Y/N?"

Y/N: "Have we met?"

Velvet: "It's me, Velvet."

Realization hits him as he pulls her into a hug. She returns it as more tears begin to fall.

Velvet: "It's so good to see you again."

They break the hug as they look each other over.

Y/N: "You've really grown up."

Velvet: "So have you. Where've you been all this time?"

Y/N looks down as the memory returns.

Y/N: "You know that village just south of Vacuo?"

Velvet: "Yeah, that's the one you grew up in."

Y/N: "Well one day it was the victim of a Grimm attack."

Velvet reels back.

Y/N: "The village was reduced to rubble leaving me without a home. So I set out to Mistral to go live with my other relatives. But along the way I was kidnapped by a group of rogue hunters. They beat every day until I learned to defend myself. As time went on I slowly got stronger until I broke free from them. Ever since then I've been taking on jobs until I eventually got offered a place at Beacon."

Velvet pulls Y/N into a tight hug. It hurt to hear her friend go through all that.

Velvet: "It's okay, you're safe now."

She breaks the hug while looking into Y/N's eyes. They quickly get lost before leaning closer to each other. Their kiss is short but for them it felt like eternity. When they part a blush covers both of their faces.

Y/N: "Does that mean?"

Velvet: "Yes."

Y/N: "Since?"

Velvet: "A long time."

Y/N laughs before going back for another kiss. While they kiss Velvet's teammates secretly watch from behind a corner with tears of happiness.