A Caring Thief

Y/N POV

I escort my latest target into the police station and to the police chief.

Chief: "Well I'll be, you really got him."

Y/N: "It wasn't easy. You also could have told me he could shove dust into his body."

Chief: "If I had then I feared you wouldn't have taken the job."

Y/N: "I would've taken it regardless, I want to help make the streets safer."

I hand over the perp and watch him get checked in. I head back to my hotel room and head straight to the bathroom. I grab the med kit and patch up the areas where the guy burned me. I put away the med kit and lightly rub my sore shoulder. I then pop a few pain killers and walk to my bed. I groan as I flop down before turning to my side and deciding to get some sleep, but I hear a knock on the making me sigh. I press a button on my nightstand and hear the door unlock. 

I hear heels clicking and figure it's just the maid coming to collect laundry. I am proven wrong when the person sits on my bed, places their hand on my shoulder and I hear a familiar voice.

Emerald: "Rough day?"

Y/N: "Yeah, took a harder beating than expected."

Emerald: "Did you take anything?"

Y/N: "I took a few pain killers and now I'm just trying to rest."

Emerald takes her hand away and I feel her become a little sad.

Emerald: "Oh, alright then."

She gets up to leave when I grab her wrist and sigh.

Y/N: "How are you?"

She walks around my bed and lays down facing me.

Emerald: "A little worried."

Y/N: "What about?"

Emerald: "You work so hard with little breaks and I'm starting to think it's affecting you."

Y/N: "You're right, I've been working too hard. At this point I fear I'll work myself into the ground and we both know if that happens you'll be the first one to say 'I told you so."

She laughs while slightly rolling her eyes. She looks back at me and places her hand on my shoulder.

Emerald: "Please... take a break. If not for you then for me."

Y/N: "Ok. I'll take a break."

Emerald: "Good."

She flips to the other side and scoots closer to my chest.

Y/N: "What are you doing?"

Emerald: "Making sure you stay put."

Y/N: "Why?"

Emerald: "Because when you say you'll take a break, you just end up working anyways."

Y/N: "You know me so well."

Emerald: "It pays to be your girlfriend."

I smile, wrap my arm around her and pull her closer to me while slowly drifting off into a much needed rest.