Tick Tock

Y/N POV

Just another day in the life of a bounty hunter. Take a job, kill target, get paid and repeat. I look through my list of targets and sigh not seeing a decent paying one. 

Man: "What's wrong Y/N?"

Y/N: "It's just that these are all low paying jobs Deacon, I need one that will help me keep the lights on."

Deacon: "Well, you sorta already taken out all the worst criminals, you should be proud. Because of you the streets are safer for traders."

Y/N: "I am, I just want something to do."

Deacon: "How willing are you?"

Y/N: *leans forward* "Very."

Deacon: "Good."

Deacon reaches into his coat and pulls out a piece of paper. 

Deacon: "Got this this morning, caught several times for mugging and thievery. Client is willing to pay twenty thousand lien."

Y/N: *jumps up* "Well why didn't you say so?!"

I grab my mission bag and head for the door when Deacon blocks my path.

Y/N: "What?"

Deacon: "I forgot to mention, the target has a powerful semblance. Supposedly she can't take damage when activated."

Y/N: "Sounds fun."

Deacon: *sigh* "You're suicidal."

Y/N: "Meh."

I grab the paper and bolt out of the door to find my target. After nearly two hours of searching I take a break and get something to eat. On my way to the restaurant I hear a commotion and look to see a woman running from some men. I look at my paper and see that that's my target. I chase after her and manage to corner her. She turns around and draws a cutlass. I draw my sword and we begin dueling. I block a swing aimed for my head then push her attack away. I then sweep her legs and hold my sword to her neck.

Y/N: "Give up."

I spot something and move her cloak to the side to find loaves of bread. I sigh, put away my sword and help her up.

Target: "You're not going to arrest or kill me?"

Y/N: "No, you stole food to probably survive."

Tock: "Name's Tock, you?"

Y/N: "Y/N. So, you staying anywhere?"

Tock: "Aside from a box a few blocks from here."

Her stomach loudly growls and she goes red faced.

Y/N: "Come on."

I lead her to the restaurant and buy her a plate which she instantly downs."

Y/N: "When was the last time you ate?"

Tock: "Yesterday."

Y/N: "That-"

Tock: "Of last week."

Y/N: "Oh. Well then, have as much as you like."

Tock: "You're really kind."

Y/N: "Only to those less fortunate."

After a very satisfying meal we head out of the restaurant. I begin walking away when Tock stops me.

Tock: "What about the contract?"

Y/N: "What about it?"

Tock: "Aren't you going to kill me for the bounty?"

Y/N: "No, you're just doing what you have to to survive."

Tock blushes before looking at me.

Y/N: "Do you have a job?"

Tock: *looks down* "No."

Y/N: "Then would you like one?"

Tock: "What is it?"

Y/N: "What I do, kill criminals for money."

Tock: "Sounds like it will be fun."

Y/N: "So?"

Tock: "I accept."

Y/N: "Good, then let's get you registered."

Tock: "Hey Y/N."

Y/N: "Yes?"

Tock: "Thank you, thank you for helping me."

Y/N: "No worries, besides, I can't let a cute girl stay on the street."

She blushes then hits my shoulder in a playful manner.