Study Session

3rd POV

Cinder: "What is the meaning of this?!"

Oobleck: "I'm sorry Ms. Fall. But you refuse to put in the work so I must fail you. Keep it up and you will be expelled from Beacon."

Cinder: "This can't be happening. I can't be expelled. Surely there has to be something I can do."

Oobleck: "There is."

Cinder: *flirtatiously* "And that is?"

Oobleck: "Study."

Cinder grits her teeth and marches out of Oobleck's class where she is greeted by Emerald and Mercury.

Emerald: "How'd it go?"

Cinder: "If I keep failing, I'll get expelled."

Mercury: "Have you tried seducing the teacher?"

Cinder: "He wouldn't budge."

Emerald: "I may know a way for you to pass."

Cinder: "What?"

Emerald: "Y/N L/N. He's the resident smart kid. If you can convince him to do your homework than you will pass."

Cinder: "What if it doesn't work?"

Mercury: "He's a boy. Tempt him with sex and he'll do anything."

Cinder: *smiles* "Where can I find him?"

Mercury: "He's usually in the library studying like the egghead he is."

Cinder walks away from the two and makes her way to the library to try and convince Y/N to help her.

Y/N POV

I quietly write out my notes for the upcoming test. I briefly look up to read a section of the book then transcribe them into my notes. I close my current book, pull out another and flip through the pages trying to find the next section to study. As I continue to flip the pages I hear a chair scoot and look up to see Cinder taking a seat in front of me.

Cinder: "Hey Y/N."

Y/N: "Hello Cinder."

Cinder: "Whatcha doing?"

Y/N: "Trying to study for the test tomorrow."

Cinder: "Speaking of tests. I heard you passed the last one with flying colors."

Y/N: "It pays to study."

Cinder: *sigh* "Look, I'll get right to the point. I'm failing my classes and I really need to pass. So would you mind helping me?"

Y/N: "No."

Cinder: "What? Why?!"

Y/N: "Because relying on other people to do your work will never give you a since of accomplishment."

Cinder: "Come on Y/N. You're a teenage boy who spends all his time studying. Surely you must stressed out from studying."

Y/N: "There are ways to relieve stress other than sex. Hence the term creative outlets"

Cinder: "Just help me pass."

Y/N: "If you want to pass then do it the old fashioned way. Study like everyone else."

She groans in annoyance and scoots her seat back. I internally sigh in relief thinking she is finally leaving. However she quickly dives under the table which makes me activate my semblance. Whenever she goes to undo my pants she is zapped with enough lighting to mimic a stun gun. The moment she gets shocked she hits her head under the desk; she crawls out holding her head with a visible bump forming. She lays her face on the desk and sighs while I raise my book and try to ignore her. I then hear her sniffle making me lower my book to see her crying.

Y/N: *sigh* "What's wrong?"

Cinder: *looks at me* "It's just it was my dream to come to Beacon. Before I got accepted people in my hometown said I was lazy and would never amount to anything. Once I got accepted I wanted to prove them wrong, but once it came time to study what they said was true. I got lazy and slacked off. "

Y/N: "Why don't you study?"

Cinder: "I try to, but it just gets too boring and I give up."

Y/N: *sets book down* "Sounds like you just lack motivation. Tell me, what do you like to do for fun?"

Cinder: "Well, I like to get frozen yogurt."

I look through my stack of books and pull out one of the smaller ones.

Y/N: *gives book* "Read the first two chapters. At the end I will quiz you; get most of them right and I'll take you to get some frozen yogurt."

She perks up and grabs the book. She opens it and reads it intently; I see her run her finger along each line trying to catch every detail she can. About three minutes later she closes the book and hands it back to me.

Y/N: "Ready?"

I see her think over what she read then nod her head.

Y/N: "First question is easy. What two species had an entire war?"

Cinder: "Humans and Faunus."

Y/N: "Correct. What was the defining moment in the Human-Faunus war?"

Cinder: "The battle of Fort Carson."

Y/N: "Correct again. Why was General Lagune defeated?"

Cinder: "Because he tried to ambush the Faunus in their sleep not knowing they had night vision."

Y/N: "That's right. Final question. Where did the final battle in the Human-Faunus war take place?"

I see her hesitate for a second and see the gears in her head turn. They stop and she gives me her answer.

Cinder: "The battle of Fort McHenry."

Y/N: "Close, that was what was believed to be the end. But the correct answer was the battle of Fort Independence."

Cinder: "Shoot."

Y/N: "Don't worry many people miss that one."

I get up from my seat which confuses her.

Cinder: "Where are you going?"

Y/N: "You met the requirements I set. So it's time for your reward."

She smiles and gets out of her seat so we can get some frozen yogurt. As we make our way back to the library Cinder talks to me.

Cinder: "Thank you. For helping me study I mean."

Y/N: "Hey, you studied on your own. All it took was the right motivation."

Cinder: "Do you think... we could study again sometime?"

Y/N: "Sure just come on down to the library whenever you want to study."

Cinder: "Thank you."

Y/N: "Just know that the next quiz will be harder."

Cinder: *laughs* "I'm looking forward to it."