Red Rose

Y/N POV

It is a cool sunny day at Beacon academy. The birds are signing and the students are just relaxing and enjoying the day. As for me I finish putting on my sunscreen then head out of my dorm. I then head for the cafeteria where I order my daily dose of HBOC. After receiving it I activate my fangs and begin drinking when I hear someone shout.

Girl: "Let her go!"

I look left and see Ruby walking up to the school bully Cardin.

Cardin: "What're you going to do about it runt?"

Ruby: "Let her go or else."

Cardin: "Stay out of this half pint."

He roughly shoves her to the side which makes me angry. I march over to Cardin and tap his shoulder.

Cardin: "What now?"

Y/N: "Apologize, now."

Cardin: "Or what?"

Y/N: "Or else I'll drain all of your blood."

Cardin lets go of Velvet and begins laughing his ass off at my threat.

Cardin: "You're really funny. You're nothing but skin and bones. Do me a favor and eat a sandwich you albino freak."

I grit my teeth and grab Cardin by his breast plate. I then use my superior strength to lift him off the ground and throw him out of the cafeteria. I look at his teammates and jolt forward making them bolt out of the cafeteria. With them gone I pat Velvet on her back then go check on Ruby.

Y/N: "You okay kid?"

Ruby: "I'm fine, nothing to worry about. Thanks by the way."

Y/N: "No worries."

Ruby: "Hey, how were you able to lift him up like that?"

Y/N: "It's because of what I am."

Ruby: "And that is?"

Y/N: "A vampire."

Ruby: "Wait, I thought vampires couldn't be out during the day."

Y/N: "That's a myth. We can be outside, it's just that we have to be careful."

Ruby: "Why?"

Y/N: "Think about it, pale skin plus bright sun equals worst sunburn ever."

Ruby: "Oh, never thought about it like that. What about needing to drink blood to survive?"

Y/N: "That's not true. When can survive without it. That's just a tale told to scare kids into behaving."

Ruby: "Garlic?"

Y/N: "It's based on preference. You either like it or you don't."

Ruby: "Wow, there's a lot of fake stuff about vampires."

Y/N: "If you're interested I will happily tell you everything everybody usually gets wrong."

Ruby: "Sweet, are you free later tonight?"

Y/N: "Is that a date?"

Ruby: *blushing* "N-no, I just... I just wanna know more about vampires is all."

Y/N: "Relax I'm just messing with you. Yeah I'm free tonight."

Ruby: "Perfect, can you meet me in my dorm?"

Y/N: "Yep, see you then."

I walk away with a smile on my face and a single thought on my mind.

Y/N: "She was really cute when she was blushing."

*timeskip*

Ruby: "Are you sure this is safe?"

Y/N: "Of course, just close your eyes and fall."

She does so and leans forward into the arms of gravity. She begins free falling quickly approaching the ground. She opens her eyes and screams in terror. I act quickly by releasing my wings and catching her. I fly us upward until we breath the clouds. She opens her eyes and they sparkle with wonder.

Ruby: "Wow, this is so cool!!!"

Y/N: "Yep, one of the perks of flying is admiring the view."

Ruby: "How long until I can fly?"

Y/N: "I don't know. It could be today, tomorrow or weeks from now. It'll just happen when it's time."

She pouts until she looks at me leans forward kissing me. I smile and deepen the kiss when something sharp pokes my lips.

Y/N: "Ow."

Ruby: "You okay?"

Y/N: "I don't- you're teeth!"

She feels her teeth and smiles feeling her fangs.