Shadow Chaser

Y/N POV

I hop from rooftop to rooftop and scream in behind me.

Y/N: "You can't catch me!"

Police: "Stop in the name of the law!"

I smile when a helicopter zooms over me and turns its side to me. A gunman aims at me when I activate my semblance and step onto a shadow. I fall into it and exit out three miles west of my previous position. I pull the diamond out of my pocket and laugh.

Y/N: "Another point for me."

Girl: "Halt!"

I turn around and see a cat Faunus standing in front of me.

Y/N: "What'd you want?"

Girl: "You are to hand over that diamond and turn yourself in."

Y/N: "Make me cutie."

She blushes before firing her gun at me. I jump into a shadow and begin running along the roof edge. I look behind me and see the cat giving chase.

Y/N: "You wanna play tag? Fine, you're it."

I jump off the roof and send out shadow arms to swing down the street. As I send out my right one the cat throws her now bladed gun and cuts my arm. I scream and tumble to a stop. I look up and see the girl smiling while picking up the diamond.

Y/N: "Okay, I'm it."

I launch a shadow tendril at her and snag the diamond. I then salute her and dive into a shadow escaping. I laugh when out of nowhere that girl kicks my back knocking the diamond out of my hand. She catches it and flashes me a smile. I groan in annoyance, wrap a tendril around her waist and pull her to me. As she comes my way I yank the diamond out of her hand.

She steps on my foot making me scream and toss the diamond in the air. I go for a right hook but a shadow version of herself takes the hit while she punches my stomach. She catches the diamond then kicks me away. I fall into a shadow and appear on the wall behind her. I wrap a tendril around her ankles and pull. She lands on her stomach making the diamond fall away from her.

I run past her when she grabs my foot and trips me. She recovers and runs for the diamond when I tackle her onto the ground. I clamor over her when she grabs my waistband and pulls me back. She then gets me in a body lock when I make a tendril tickle her cat ear. She fights it before laughing and letting me go. I push her away and jump for the diamond as she does the same thing. We hit each other and look to see we're both holding the diamond; we then begin trying to pull the diamond from the other.

Y/N: "That's my diamond."

Girl: "It belongs to the authorities."

Y/N: "I need it more than they do."

Girl: "You need to be put in a cell for stealing."

Y/N: "You hunters are all the same. You have the good life while the rest of us have to struggle to survive."

Girl: "That's not true. We all struggle to a degree."

Y/N: "But some of us more than others."

Girl: "That's why we ask for help. To help us with our struggles."

Y/N: "Just give me the diamond girly."

Girl: "What good would you even have with a priceless diamond?"

Y/N: "I don't know, maybe feed my little sister?"

We quit fighting and she lets go of the diamond.

Girl: "You have a little sister?"

Y/N: "Yeah. Our parents ditched us and left us out on the street. I was fifteen while she was just a year old. I tried to ask around for food but people aren't willing to help a little Faunus that's starving. So I took up stealing just to help pay for our meals. I know it's wrong but I'm doing what I have to in order to help her."

She looks down, stands up and holds out her hand; I grab it and am helped to my feet.

Girl: "What's your name?"

Y/N: "Y/N."

Blake: "Well I'm Blake. I'm a Huntress attending Beacon. I'm sure the headmaster wouldn't mind if you and your sister stayed."

Y/N: "You're helping us?"

Blake: "Yeah, I believe everyone needs help."

I smile and head to my makeshift house to pick up my sister so we can begin our new life.