[25] Stuck In Her Daydream.

Song of the chapter - A Team by Ed Sheeran.

--

"So Zac, have you and Ash have stopped arguing for good now?" Sean asked Zac hopefully.

It was after dinner time. The two boys were on their way to the parking; they had to out Ashley and Zac's bags in one of the cars for the weekend trip.

"Yeah," Zac confirmed. "For good."

Sean heaved a sigh of relief. "Thank god."

"This weekend is so gonna be fun . . ." Zac trailed off as he smiled in anticipation.

"I know right?" Sean replied excitedly. "I'm dying for school to finish tomorrow, so that we can finally go ahead."

The excitement about the weekend getaway to Victoria's beach house was very high. The ten teens were wishing and praying for the weekend to come fast; school had become too hectic to handle for all of them.

***

By eight o'clock the next evening, every single person in the group of ten friends was more than relieved to be on their way to Victoria's beach house next to Highland Beach. They'd all had a hectic week full of assignments, tests, practices and in Zac and Ashley's case, arguments. Being the fun loving people they were, they sang songs, joked and laughed like crazy en route to the beach house.

"She wiiiiiiiiiillllll be loved," Zac sang as he purposely went off note. "She wiiiiiiillll, be lo-oved!"

Even though he was driving, he couldn't help but join into the crazy antics along with the three other people in the car along with him; Daniel, Victoria and Ashley. The rest of their friends were in the second car, which was following their car and was being driven by Heath.

"Shut up, Zac," Ashley laughed as she smacked Zac on his head. "Stop singing, otherwise I'm pretty sure that the car's windows will begin to crack."

"Ouch," Zac said as he mocked offence. "That hurt, right here," he said as he pointed to his heart.

Ashley rolled her eyes. "Drama queen . . ."

Zac laughed. "So, you think that I'm a pathetic singer?"

"Absolutely," Ashley grinned.

"She's right," Victoria added. "My ears have gone numb because that's how bad you sing, Zac."

Four of them burst out laughing.

"So," Zac said as he tried to catch his breath once the laughs subsided. "When and where do you guys wanna stop for eating? I wanna eat as soon as possible, because I'm damn hungry."

"Trust me, I know the feeling," Daniel muttered.

"Way to be focussed, you both," Ashley giggled.

"Well," Victoria rolled her eyes. "That's them."

"Sorry girls," Zac laughed. "Why don't you call one of the guys in the other car to ask where they wanna stop for eating?"

"Okay," Ashley said as she reached for her bag. "I'll call Sean . . ."

Zac glanced at Ashley. "Sure," he said as he pulled up to a side. "We can just wait here. I'm sure they're behind us."

"What if they're ahead of us?"

"I drive fast," Zac said cockliy.

Victoria shook her head at Zac. "Whatever," she mumbled. "I need to stretch my legs. They've gone numb."

"Now that you mention it," Daniel yawned. "My legs are numb too. I'm also gonna get out of the car for a while."

Victoria's pale skin tinted slightly red. "Okay."