[53] Running To You.

Okay so here's the second upload of the day. I'm really reaaaallyy hoping that this book would be finished by the end of this month, as I had promised earlier. I can't wait to get on to the sequel xx

Song of the chapter is Stereo Love by Edward Maya ft. Vika Jugalina (not sure if I spelt it right haha) Enjoyy chapter 53 ;)

Just a warning, the next update would take time because it's a transition chapter and I haven't written even a single word of it, even if I've written everything else of the story ahead :)

--

A few minutes later as the duo waited at the front porch, Ashley drew in a deep breath before speaking up. "Zac?"

"Yeah, Ash?" Zac stopped pacing around the front porch as he looked at Ashley questioningly.

"I thought you and Dean were friends, the way you had greeted each other." Ashley paused. "Towards the end, you seemed to be more pissed at him than necessary. Were you?"

Zac's expression immediately darkened. "He was hitting on you. He's got quite a history with girls, Ash, and I didn't want you to be hurt by his . . . games."

"You actually thought that I would've fallen for his charm?" Ashley asked incredulously. "Really?"

"You thought he had charm?" Zac asked in a low, angry voice.

Ashley gawked at Zac. 'Is he jealous?' she wondered. Pushing that thought away from her head, she cleared her throat. "Um, not really. He just had the looks but I really wasn't interested in him."

"Yeah, okay," Zac muttered sarcastically.

Ashley frowned. "No, seriously. I swear on chocolate, Zac."

Zac gaped at the brunette for a moment, before he loudly burst out laughing. "Chocolate? Really?" He staggered over to where Ashley was sitting on the porch, before sitting down next to her. "Okay," he chortled. "I believe you," Zac said as he slung an arm over her shoulder. "Really, I do."

"You better," Ashley said with a pout.

Zac was relieved. All of his insecurities about not being good enough for Ashley vanished, along with his resentment towards Dean. He couldn't help but glance at Ashley time and again as she leaned into his side. "You really love that pout of yours, don't you?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Shut up," Ashley smiled as she shoved him lightly.

The duo had been sitting out at the porch for ten minutes. All the lights around were shut, except for some faint light from a couple of rooms from the house.

Zac was fiddling with his hands while Ashley had leaned into his side and rested her head against his shoulder. Glancing at the girl next to him, he smiled softly. He couldn't believe how hard he had fallen for her . . .

"D'you hear that?" Ashley asked suddenly as she sat up straight.

Zac frowned. "A bird?"

"No."

"A plane?" Zac joked.

"No," Ashley laughed. "It's superman!"

Zac laughed. "And you're crazy."

Ashley chuckled. "I was going to tell you that I heard a car . . ."

"A car? Al's back?" Zac made to stand up, but was quickly pulled down by Ashley.

"Wait," she hissed. "Don't go. Give her at least a little space."

Zac glanced at Ashley and immediately sat down wondering how could he give in to her so easily. "Fine," he sighed. "But I'm definitely going out there if he starts getting frisky, and you're not gonna stop me."