[51] Aren't You Somethin' To Admire?

Song of the chapter is Mirrors by Justin Timerlake. DAMN I LOVE THAT SONGGGGG :')) His voice is so.. it's pretty sexy, if you ask me :)

--

About forty minutes after Zac had been pushed into the pool by Ashley, he went to the guest room which was being shared by the two girls. As it had been decided, whoever got dressed first was supposed to go over to the other's room to meet, before leaving for Seth's house.

Being the gentleman he was, Zac knocked on the door before entering. "Are you decent?"

"Yeah," Ashley called out to Zac. "You can come in."

Zac pushed open the door and walked into the room to see Ashley sitting on the bed, texting. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah. Just gotta slip on my wedges."

Zac's eyes followed Ashley as she made her way across the room to where the girls' luggage was lying. Right next to their luggage was a pair of wedges or as Zac called them, shoes. "How d'you manage to walk in those?"

"With my legs," Ashley said with an eyeroll.

'Insanely hot legs,' Zac thought as he appreciatively gave Ashley a once over and thought she looked mindblowing with her short summer dress and bouncy curls, obviously with the minimal amount of makeup always used by her. He wanted to slap himself. What was it with him perving on Ash so much these days? "Still. I mean, don't your legs hurt?"

"No, they don't." Ashley came to a stop next to Zac. "Let's go now?" 

"Alright," he said before awkwardly clearing his throat.

A couple of minutes later, Zac and Ashley found themselves at the doorway of their next door neighbors, the Winchester's. After exchanging a couple of polite words with them their househelp, Boris, pointed them in the direction of the basement where he said that the rest of his friends were waiting.

As he pushed open the door of the eerily silent basement, Zac had no idea that he was in for a surprise.

To say that he was startled would be an understatement. Who wouldn't be ready to jump out of their skin when a bunch of party horns blare loudly and bright, perky and not to forget, loud voices together shout those words?

"Happy Birthday Zac!"

Zac glanced at Ashley, not looking too sure of whatever was happening. Smiling, Ashley gave him a slight push into the room indicating inside with a movement of the head.

Zac gripped Ashley's hand with his, surprising her. After sliding his fingers through those of hers, Zac finally steps into the room with Ashley next to him.

"Wow," was all he could say. "Thanks guys."

Seth stepped forward. "It was all hers," he spoke while pointing at Ashley, "Gabriella and Sean's idea and I liked the sound of it so . . ." he trailed off as he reached Zac. "How have you been, man?" he asked as loud music started playing and the lights dimmed. "And Ashley, nice to meet you," he said politely as he extended his hand forward.

"Erm, nice to meet you too," she said, unsure about exactly what his name was. As soon as she made to shake his hand, Seth pulled her into a small, quick hug.

"So, Zac, how have you been mate?" Seth asked, shifting his focus towards his friend. "All good?"

"I'll catch you later," Ashley said before slipping away. She didn't want to intrude into Zac and Seth's talk. Suddenly feeling thirsty, instead of going towards Sean and Gabriella as originally planned, the brunette took a diversion towards the table where she spotted a bottle of Coke.